PDA

View Full Version : Dragon - half starved

NunaInua
05-26-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm just learning the world of Digital Art and I find myself getting more and more frustrated...guess I'm getting old lol.

I first began to draw when I was younger, because f my fascination with drag0ns...and how versatile they are. They could be anything the artist wanted. I drew hundreds of them, which lead me to do research on animal anatomy...which lead to many many wonerous hours of enjoying art.

So I'm going back to my roots, my beginnings. Back to my fascination with dragons. It got me thinking ...what if our old characters started missing us once we moved on? What if they were lonely, forever locked into the backgrounds that we liked at the time?

I found this guy howling for me, half starved....

Done in 2 hours, Painter and tablet. Helpful tips or comments always welcome (yes I know he looks like he has only one arm...the other one lost a battle with me and my tablet pen!)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-May-2007/105868-dragonstarvesmall.jpg

GeoBen
05-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Little Jackie Paper has grown up and moved on...

good work. i like the soft, smeary edges which make him seem to be fading away. The ruff under the chin is a nice touch.

geo.

LavenderFrost
05-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Just a hint of the other arm in front of that one would make it look like they are side by side. He looks so sad and lonely.

Have you entered the Dragon Show in the fantasy forum?

LadyAlba
05-26-2007, 01:18 PM
I love this and I think your right sometimes they call out to us to revisit them. :thumbsup: :wave:

NunaInua
05-26-2007, 07:13 PM
I think I will go back and paint in the other side of him....maybe even hint at another wing!

Thank you for your comments!

I think I'm gonna draw a more content one next lol

NunaInua
05-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Just a hint of the other arm in front of that one would make it look like they are side by side. He looks so sad and lonely.

Have you entered the Dragon Show in the fantasy forum?

no....can you point me in the right direction? do we win anything?

LavenderFrost
05-27-2007, 02:06 PM
LOL I'm so observant I didn't even notice the missing wing.

There's a sticky thread in the fantasy forum for the Dragon Show.
http://www.wetcanvas.com./forums/showthread.php?t=418190

Prizes will just be a picture of a trophy or something. And we all get to vote in the categories we're not entered in.

NunaInua
05-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Thank you! :)

Yako
05-28-2007, 03:22 PM
How lonely!, looks like he's craving for love and companion. Looks like he is infinite miles away from any creature. Lost in the infinite space. Good piece! It transmits a lot.

TxAggieDarlin
05-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Looks like the beginning of something to come :)