PDA

View Full Version : Fuji FinePix & iPhoto

mlgkats
05-05-2007, 09:03 PM
does any one know if a fugi fine pix a 400 digital camera work with iphoto for macs? i just got one.

Oldthumbs
05-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Melynda -

Rather than let your question get lost in your other thread in the Pub, I moved this post to a new thread in the Equipment and Software forum.

I am not familiar with either that camera or iPhoto, but I can't see why, in general, they wouldn't work together. Perhaps you had a more specific question?

Ray

mlgkats
05-08-2007, 02:00 PM
i had just gotten a fugi fine pix a 400 digital camera, i was just woundering if the soft ware i photo would work with this camera as to uploading pitchers? to be edited?
thank you ray for moving my question, i was doing what you asked me to dp last time

Oldthumbs
05-08-2007, 04:09 PM
thank you ray for moving my question, i was doing what you asked me to dp last time
I appreciate that, but if you are starting a new subject, then go ahead and start a new thread. I only combined your other posts because they were all sizing experiments on your part.

Doesn't look like the answers are pouring in here. :rolleyes: I would suggest to just go ahead and try it.

Ray

mlgkats
05-08-2007, 05:53 PM
just in case someone else might ask this question ,the answer is yes
i just got finished trying it out and it worked.
thanks any ways

Kallistos
05-11-2007, 01:48 PM
iPhoto works with most digital cameras (all the newer ones, certainly) because it just treats the camera as a hard drive. You'd be better off buying a card reader though for speed and to conserve your cameras batteries!

mlgkats
05-11-2007, 09:48 PM
thank you very much kallistos.
i was woundering why my batteries where not lasting long.
i really appreciate your help.:thumbsup:

mlgkats
05-12-2007, 03:46 PM
i also want to know how i can get my pictures to transfer to here easier from the iphoto software , because it comes through some times and some times not
i just learning how to use it.

Windy
05-25-2007, 08:25 PM
i also want to know how i can get my pictures to transfer to here easier from the iphoto software , because it comes through some times and some times not
i just learning how to use it.
I dont know the software but I am guessing that sometimes the size of the image either in pixel size or kb size is too big.

Kallistos
05-26-2007, 02:35 AM
I dont know the software but I am guessing that sometimes the size of the image either in pixel size or kb size is too big.

No, iPhoto is photo organization software similar to adobe bridge or picassa. It will organize everything from web cam shots to 22MP shots.

Migkats - Seriously, try reading the help files. Apple's helpfiles are excellent and simple to understand.

vhere
05-26-2007, 03:23 AM
why not use the Fine Pix disc that comes with the camera? it's a really good and easy to use uploading programme.

it does have some built in manipulation capabilities that I haven't explored because I use Photoshop.

mlgkats
05-26-2007, 04:40 PM
the camera i had gotten didn't have the disk, it was a floor modle from the store and they said they could not find it.

Windy
05-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Can you ask the store to contact Fuji to send them, or even contact Fuji yourself. If you have receipts and registration numbers for the camera there should not be too much of a problem. (I hope you got a good discount seeing as you have not got all the things that go with it)

Kallistos
05-27-2007, 02:59 AM
iPhoto is a really, really powerful photo utility that will likely be much better than the Fuji version. Give it a try to learn it - I used it until I got a copy of Adobe Bridge, now I find that more powerful and better suited.

Windy
05-27-2007, 03:10 AM
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=iPhoto/6.0/en/hlp54.html
might help

mlgkats
05-27-2007, 12:05 PM
thanks windy.
how have you been?
i have been trying a lot of things.
my new one was the iris.

Windy
05-28-2007, 05:59 PM
I am glad you are getting shots in, I have not been doing much. (I have heaps of editing to do ....)

Dave Slaughter
05-28-2007, 08:56 PM
One way to do it is this: When you have the iphoto window up and displaying the picture you want to export, look at the toolbar at the top of the screen. Hit "share", then hit "export". A window will pop up asking the image size you want to export, and where you want the picture to go to. Send it to your desktop or a folder titled something like "pictures to go". Then when you are in this forum and you hit the picture icon at the top of the thread or reply window you should get a menu of sources - select your image from the folder and upload it.
You can also just drag the thumbnail of your image from iphoto to the desktop, but the image will not be resized and may be to large too load in this forum. This is the method I use, but I have to resize the image in photoshop elements first before I upload it.

I hope this helps.

mlgkats
05-28-2007, 10:00 PM
thank you very much that is a lot of help