PDA

View Full Version : Fiber Dragon Holding Glass Bead

tmmopar73
05-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Fiber Dragon Holding Glass Bead Here Is Me Trying To Combine My 2 All Time Loves Needle Felting And Lampworking

richsantaclaus
05-05-2007, 09:59 PM
What a cutie!!!

Sharyl
05-06-2007, 10:05 AM
:D sweet:D

Nalynn
05-06-2007, 10:12 AM
I love his eyes. He's got this expression that's somewhere between "Wow, look what I've got!" and "Take my bead and I'll fry your lungs!"

Why is it that glass artists all seem to be attracted to the same media? Rich does needle felting; so do I. I recall seeing a poll in WC about beaders who knit, etc. It just amazes me that our levels of common interest go way beyond just lampwork!

mixednut
05-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Very cute dragon!

I do lots of different things but I also crochet. I did a nice outfit and matching blanket for my neice when she was born. I don't use patterns though I just do it I am not sure how LOL!
And what I thought was sad was the nurses and doctors would tell my sister they thought it was beautiful and never seen things like it. I wish more people would remember the crafts people used to do so much. I even taught my sons because i thought it was going to be a lost craft before long LOL! They like it but would die before admitting it to their friends.

tmmopar73
05-06-2007, 11:21 AM
hi it is very funny that we are so addicted to creation .that when the torch is off we neeeed to create still.i am self taught in knitting,crochet,felting wet and dry and have never taken a glass class.learned all of those things on the internet.
rich,nalynn lets see some of your stuff
we shoud add a post for non glass art that we all do.
thanks
i love his eyes too
i do not like glass eyes unless i make them

BeadTowne
05-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Precious! Love mixed media.

mtnest
05-07-2007, 12:43 PM
I love your dragon! I tried needle felting once and I really admire your skill and patience. I'm off on a mixed media wing kick lately, but have to get back to the torch! (need beads and jewelry for a show in July).

gingery
05-07-2007, 04:32 PM
What a great dragon!:clap: He'd got a great expression & I love his horns! :cool: It's wonderful how you incorperated the bead, as I've always loved mixed media! Fantastic colurs as well!:thumbsup:
The mixed media I've done hasn't had anything to do with fiber, although I do love to look at it!:D
ginger