PDA

View Full Version : Corel Painter Magazine

Siffer1
05-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Do anyone know where I can buy or subscribe to the Corel Painter Official Magazine in the U.S.?

Thanks.

Dee

LadyAlba
05-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Here is the link to their Newsletter I don't know if they have an actual magazine....

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Content/1152796556300

justjean
05-05-2007, 02:49 AM
If this is the one you mean it says it ships worldwide

http://www.imagineshop.co.uk/products_show.php?typeID=160

Siffer1
05-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks Marge,

That's the info I need.

Dee

Siffer1
05-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Justjean and Marge,

Thank you both for your inputs.

I need the Corel Newsletter and Corel Painter Official Magazine.

Dee

justjean
05-05-2007, 12:37 PM
this is what that link says " The Official Corel Painter magazine is the only one of its kind in the world"

Siffer1
05-06-2007, 12:39 AM
Justjean,

Yes, it says "The Official Corel Painter magazine is the only one of its kind in the world"

Be nice to have user input on this magazine before I subsribe.

Thanks.

Dee

LadyAlba
05-06-2007, 12:41 AM
Also the price in US dollars about $40???

justjean
05-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Siffer, sorry I don't know anything more than the site says but it does sound interesting doesn't it :)

Justjean,

Yes, it says "The Official Corel Painter magazine is the only one of its kind in the world"

Be nice to have user input on this magazine before I subsribe.

Thanks.

Dee

digistyle
05-06-2007, 01:41 AM
I have the April 2007 issue. Its' not bad. The format of the magazine is comparable to ImagineFX. This issue was pretty evenly split between Painter "how to's" and painting technique. A bit thin on interviews, but I assume those will come later. It'll be interesting to see how successful they will be, focusing on a single program. ImagineFX covers them all, Painter, Photoshop, 3D apps, etc. ImagineFX also has some well known digital artists contributing regularly. The resource disc was okay, but again, ImagineFX has a headstart on them there, too. Painter Mag asked for my permission to include some of my brushes on a future resource disc (I agreed.), so I think they realize that a big part of these publications is providing tools, references and interactive tutorials.

I bought my copy from the magazines website. It cost me a little over $20 U.S. I was browsing the racks at Borders last week and saw that they have begun carrying Painter Mag, so I won't need to order future issues. I believe that it was going for about $15 U.S.

Hope this helps!

Siffer1
05-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Thanks digistyle,

I will go over to Borders and check it out.

Dee

I have the April 2007 issue. Its' not bad. The format of the magazine is comparable to ImagineFX. This issue was pretty evenly split between Painter "how to's" and painting technique. A bit thin on interviews, but I assume those will come later. It'll be interesting to see how successful they will be, focusing on a single program. ImagineFX covers them all, Painter, Photoshop, 3D apps, etc. ImagineFX also has some well known digital artists contributing regularly. The resource disc was okay, but again, ImagineFX has a headstart on them there, too. Painter Mag asked for my permission to include some of my brushes on a future resource disc (I agreed.), so I think they realize that a big part of these publications is providing tools, references and interactive tutorials.

I bought my copy from the magazines website. It cost me a little over $20 U.S. I was browsing the racks at Borders last week and saw that they have begun carrying Painter Mag, so I won't need to order future issues. I believe that it was going for about $15 U.S.

Hope this helps!