PDA

View Full Version : Moonshadows II

KathyJB
05-03-2007, 04:58 PM
This redo turned out quite a bit different, I used some acrylics but stayed mostly with watercolors, I think is there a COI, Enjoy!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2007/7614-moonshadows_II.jpg

painterbear
05-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Kat,
This is beautiful. I love the analogous color scheme you've used. The composition has a dreamy, ethereal quality to it. Very nice.

Sylvia

artman42
05-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Very nice compostion ,, llike the lead into the painting, great colors :)

Europa
05-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Simply beautiful - love the colours - agree about the ethereal quality.

Pat

Chief
05-03-2007, 06:51 PM
What a surprise.......Really nice Kat.....this is a real winner...great imagination combined with a wonderful blend of skills.
:lol: Chief:lol:

windrider2
05-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Nice! Like a dreamscape...

gemineye
05-03-2007, 09:55 PM
mmm...nice...like a landscape in the sky...dreamy. Love it.

rue d'oak
05-04-2007, 01:03 AM
Wow, Kat, it IS quite different. Intriguing depth and illusion. :thumbsup:

Jen

laudesan
05-04-2007, 01:04 AM
Absolutely beautiful. A winter wonderland!

KathyJB
05-04-2007, 01:16 AM
Kat,
This is beautiful. I love the analogous color scheme you've used. The composition has a dreamy, ethereal quality to it. Very nice.
Hi Syl thank you, I took a long break from watercolors on WC paper rather than yupo
and now i feel ready to go at it again, with a little more purpose, appreciate your kudos,

Very nice compostion ,, llike the lead into the painting, great colors
Hi Jim I take that as a great complement as your landscapers are so lovely!
Thanks!!!

Simply beautiful - love the colours - agree about the ethereal quality.
Thank you Pat, yes I wanted it to be half dream half reality, glad you noticed

What a surprise.......Really nice Kat.....this is a real winner...great imagination combined with a wonderful blend of skills
Hi Chief!!! It help when you look up mountain roads in corbis.com for reference shots, thanks for your encouragement it means a great deal,

Nice! Like a dreamscape...
Thanks Fran, yes thats me the dreamer hehe appreciate your kudos very much

mmm...nice...like a landscape in the sky...dreamy. Love it.
Hi Tracy!!! Glad you came by to look appreciate your kind words, thanks!!!

Wow, Kat, it IS quite different. Intriguing depth and illusion.
I Jen, Yes i had some time on my hands this week and so i tooka long time with it, glad you noticed and commented, thanks so much,

KathyJB
05-04-2007, 01:17 AM
Absolutely beautiful. A winter wonderland!
Oops JJ crossposted with you, Thanks GF this one was fun, thanks for looking and for your kind comments,

gmarie
05-04-2007, 04:50 AM
Beautiful, Kat! A wonderful "TURN" this one! Beautiful depth and dimension, this looks far beyond the 3rd dimension!:thumbsup:

mel-o
05-04-2007, 07:58 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOh I love this one! The road was such a good idea! really gives some solidity to the painting and pulls the eye in. Yay! This is great.

mel

olliewood0702
05-04-2007, 10:30 AM
LOVE the title AND the painting!! Lovely & atmospheric

artmom
05-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Kat, WOW! Absolutely my favorite of all the work you have done! This has a blend of abstract, impression, and absolutely fantastic color that is very appealing. :thumbsup:

Lyn

Gary B.
05-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Oooooooh! I really like this one. Feel like I'm being drawn into a magical wonderland.

Brian Bartow
05-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Kat:
Wonderful misty colors and as an added bonus I hear that great Cat Stevens song in my head!
Brian

KathyJB
05-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Beautiful, Kat! A wonderful "TURN" this one! Beautiful depth and dimension, this looks far beyond the 3rd dimension!
Hya GM yes this one was more successfully then the last one thanks to the great advice i received here, I admit I have shied away from straight watercolor for a while, but I am BACK!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOh I love this one! The road was such a good idea! really gives some solidity to the painting and pulls the eye in. Yay! This is great.
Hi Mel, yes the road was a great idea, thanks again for looking and sharing you encouraging words

LOVE the title AND the painting!! Lovely & atmospheric,Hi Darla, yes atmosphere is important to me so i am glad you picked up on that, thanks again!!!

Kat, WOW! Absolutely my favorite of all the work you have done! This has a blend of abstract, impression, and absolutely fantastic color that is very appealing.
Hello Lyn, your favorite, my thats a compliment I thank you very much!!!

Oooooooh! I really like this one. Feel like I'm being drawn into a magical wonderland.
Hi Gary thanks for dropping in, I am glad you feel this is magical appreciate your kudos!!!

Kat:
Wonderful misty colors and as an added bonus I hear that great Cat Stevens song in my head!
Brian, hi, I hear it all the time, maybe thats why it was easy to name this one thanks again, for looking and for your encouraging words,

Paulafv
05-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Beautiful flow to this one. Lovely palette and composition.

KathyJB
05-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Beautiful flow to this one. Lovely palette and composition.
Thank you Paula very much,

mgthorvaldsen
05-04-2007, 08:40 PM
:wave: HI! Kat, Really like what you have done here, you colors, loosenes and freedom of movenent! Great! Regards, marianne

KathyJB
05-04-2007, 09:37 PM
HI! Kat, Really like what you have done here, you colors, loosenes and freedom of movenent! Great! Regards, marianne
Hi marianne, thanks for commenting glad that this flows for you too,
now what to paint next sigh...
thanks again

Southern Style
05-05-2007, 02:04 AM
This is very beautiful..I love your colors!