PDA

View Full Version : rogue bull

mf.sutton
05-03-2002, 02:35 PM
I have previously posted this as a WIP, but it is now finished, at least as finished as I can get it, comments welcome - Mike;)

CathyD
05-03-2002, 02:55 PM
Very nice Mike, what I like best is that you can almost feel the texture of it's skin, it looks very dry.
Cathy

paintergirl
05-03-2002, 02:56 PM
Mike! ...This is great! The elaphants pose is one that is on the move,restless, imposing ... your title is a perfect match. I am really drawn to these colors, they set the tone for the whole piece, of dry heat and dust...awesome palette.

I like the scrub brush you added, and the detail of the pebbles in the forground with the bits of grass...the only thing I might play with is the scrub mid way in the picture...it is similiar in size to that in the forground...possibly thin it out a bit to give it the distant look for added perspective?
The dusty blue of the sky is such a subtle contrast to the tones of the elephant...This picture is fantastic Mike!! :clap: :clap:

What size was this again? :)

Matttscott
05-03-2002, 02:58 PM
Looks great, Mike! Nice texture & colors. I can really feel the climate. You've finished this up nicely.

--Matt :cool:

mf.sutton
05-03-2002, 03:13 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments and encouragement, I should have said it is 16" x 12" on canvas board. - Mike:D

KarenU
05-03-2002, 08:53 PM
Mike....when paintergirl suggested that you do some scrub brush in the background I thought...oh gosh I like the starkness of it just the way it is. But now that you've posted the finished piece I have to tell you that I love it this way even better!! You did a fabulous job! Thats why WC is so great....people come up with suggestions that you may not have ever thought of and they turn out wonderful!

Thanks for sharing this!

Karen

Chelle
05-03-2002, 09:13 PM
Yes, he looks like a rogue! You've captured that perfectly. I love the colour combinations.