PDA

View Full Version : new focal series looking glass

tmmopar73
04-29-2007, 06:15 PM
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif new focal series looking glass
trying to figure out what to name the series any ideas

dew drop
clear expressions
natures looking glass

i have seem to forgot how much i love clear and swirling different colors together
but when i made the flat clear prototypes i fell in love again
IM LEANING TOWARDS DEW DROP MY SELF
BUT I LIKE LOOKING GLASS TOO

tmmopar73
04-29-2007, 06:20 PM
More

Sheila M
04-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Nice clean dot encasements! Pretty.

Elegance_1
04-30-2007, 12:13 PM
I like Dew drop also but hey... how did that little guy get in there at the end? He's so cute!

ziggy
05-09-2007, 01:29 AM
Hi there,
Since I am constantly trying to improve my skills, ( I still consider myself a beginner) , I have spent too much of my time making precise dots, using stringers, make geometric patterns, canes, etc., and it gets, well...old!
I saw some pictures on Frantz last night for the Anything Goes Bead making contest and decided it was time to start playing. Swirling bead colors in other words.
May I ask what type of glass you are using? Is it Boro? I also just started up again after having to take over a year break and am clueless about all the new types of glass.
I just love the colors and the movement in your beads. I've only used Effetre but know it's only a matter of time before I break down and use some other glass.
Can you give me any hints ??? At least now I know clear is a key "mixer". :-)
Do you use canes, or wraps of colors around colors in thin disk shapes? Am I getting hotter? ;-)
Thanks a bunch,
Angela

Nalynn
05-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Somebody bought Fleece Dogs, I see! Cute little Schnauzer.

richsantaclaus
05-09-2007, 09:40 PM
I too love needle felting both wet and dry!

I wonder if anyone might like to see how a guy does that craft?????

tmmopar73
05-09-2007, 10:23 PM
i would love to see a guys felt projects post in here.O.K.
the glasses i work with are mostly 104 coe moretti mostly german lausha only for clear.i make my own twistes with reactive frits and many colors at once.
i usually swirl with a cold stringer
i am also consider myself a beginner no training except one year of trial and error.i find this works best.
rich wait till you see my protoypes i will put them up thurs or friday.been searching for a way to combine my loves i found it now it needs my fine tuning
thanks everyone
frantz bead contest ends tommorow wish me luck lol
tammy tmmopar73

torchtot
05-12-2007, 07:03 PM
I can't wait to start swirling with clear stringer now!
Beautiful!
Carol

Helen Simon
05-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Freeforming is so much fun, eh? I just made one like a desert for my torch time today. They don't sell for me as well as flowers but almost. I like dewdrops. I call mine frills, because they are mostly ruffled. I started putting a ruffle on a tab and dropped the tab.:) I hope you win, and me, too.:) Love, Helen