PDA

View Full Version : Selfportrait

atheas
04-27-2007, 03:35 PM
I did this selfportrait in 5 hours.
I know that the hair could do some more work, but anything else you might see that is wrong?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2007/67453-meg.jpg

DSPIT
04-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Camilla, nicely done. I like the sytlized way this is.

I have couple of suggestions, but they are just that as this is nicely done anyway. cool thing about digital, got that undo button if you dont like :D

I think some contrast would add depth. like inside the nostral should be darker, maybe the eyebrow as well. You did great at going from the cheek to the eye area.

notice how the back of the neck on down is kinda wavy, that to me is a little distracting. a lot of folks will try to use a small brush and try to do something. I sugges, open a new layer, use the biggest brush you can and just swipe down that side. move opacity down, open another layer, do it again. this process seems to work more than you might think. if anything else, its fun to expierment.

bob
btw, what software are you using, just curious

LadyAlba
04-27-2007, 05:33 PM
This is lovely and I do agree with Bob's suggestions but as he says they are just suggestions this is really nice in the style that you have done it. :clap: :thumbsup: :wave:

omniartz
04-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Very good portrait! I find it hard to do self portraits as I'm self conscience about it. You are very brave! :)

JCoop
04-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Camilla, this is very graphic and beautiful. Your long neck is accentuated by the perspective and it works nicely here. What a lovely mood you're in.:)

barryt
04-29-2007, 05:34 AM
Very nice, and you obviously did it with your eyes closed! :)
Perhaps the edge of the neck at the back could be a little smoother line?

Smokin
04-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Very cool, I see eclectic gracfulness in this piece if that at all makes sense :P. Sorry, Im trying to expand on my traditional comments of "ITS GOOOOOOD" Maybe its best i should just stck with that though. :D Good job! The only thing i dont like personally is the background lines that intersect the eye area.

Annie*M
04-30-2007, 12:13 AM
:thumbsup: A very nice portrait.