PDA

View Full Version : "Calling all crows"

flyfisherflyfisher1
04-27-2007, 10:13 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2007/103550-100_2316.JPG Any good Titles?
All C&C taken and Appreciated. Starting to learn some of the techniques
of pastels really like 'em they are fun!!! So...do you guys see any reds
in the greens I probably put there by mistake? i can change it:clap: no
fixitive!!!Yea!! Really worried about smudging though.
Pete

bnoonan
04-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Pete, I definitely think you have mastered pastels.... lov the purples in the shadows of the pumpkins and the reds - if there in the green are just right. maybe I need to take lessons from you.

Wonderful!!! I can't see any changes necessary. Barb

grampy bone
04-27-2007, 12:08 PM
You've got a unique style, a good one. Can't wait to see more of your stuff.

flyfisherflyfisher1
04-27-2007, 12:52 PM
I have to admit I do like the content of this painting. I usually hate my current work for about a month after I do it...(just enough time to forget all the screw-ups). I still have issues with the crow but like the pumpkin and leaves. Barb, Your stuff is amazing your so loose throughout the painting I
really like it. You and grampy bone are great for being so nice to a new comer
Thanks,
Pete

Netty
04-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Wow Pete! I think I will come and have a lesson from you too. Love your pumkin!!! fantastic colour choice and that crow!!! you sure do birds with attitude, lol....

Annie:)

needtopaint
04-27-2007, 05:18 PM
"So...do you guys see any reds in the greens I probably put there by mistake?"

Help me! What's wrong with reds in the greens? I love this drawing, especially the purples and reds in the shadows of the pumpkins. And knowing my obsession with colors, I'd add more of the orange of the pumpkins into the green of the leaves. Not necessary, yes, but I know I would! The thing I love most about artists are their very different approaches to the same subject. Such joy and variation. Keep on creating, you're great.

Christine

annj
04-27-2007, 08:34 PM
I really like the title as is! Fun subject and I think you've done a great job on it.

M Douglas
04-27-2007, 09:14 PM
I have to agree with Barb

Pete, I definitely think you have mastered pastels....
Wonderful!!!

I love the uniqueness of your paintings!!

Melodie

flyfisherflyfisher1
04-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Sorry, The reference to the Red and Green comment is from a previous thread I started because I'm color deficient in the red /green department. I'll attach a better close-up that is not as washed out.:o Some more pumpkin orange ...great idea! I'll do it. Do I need to darken anything?
Pete