PDA

View Full Version : Far Edge of the Creek

Old Tex
04-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Another look at part of the creek area near my home. This is just at the edge of the woods, next to a bridge. It had rained the day before, and water had ponded here, but it eventually drains down into the creek proper, which is to the left of the tree. I really enjoyed the shadows and sunlight I found here at the edge of a large open pasture.

C&C always welcome.

Gouache 5x7
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2007/100938-Low_Water_Crossing.jpg

rdp
04-25-2007, 09:04 AM
I've been following the guoache forum since I first discovered it a couple of months ago, I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying your work. Every new piece seems better than the last!

Old Tex
04-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Hi rdp! Thank you very much! I am very new to painting, and trying to learn as quickly as I can. I really appreciate you looking, and especially your kind comments. I'm going to keep posting this stuff until somebody tells me I'm overdoing it.

cmwynn
04-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Yes, keep it up. I enjoy seeing what you are doing. Is this plein air? That is so hard for me but these do have that spontaneous feel.

meglyman
04-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Ralph,

Awesome! I agree with rdp that you keep getting better & better.

I love the blue in the sky and the water, the red shadows in the tree branches, and the way the light & shadows look on the grass. Love the composition.

You really need to stop painting beautiful country scenes. It is not making me content to live in a cramped, stinky city. It makes me want to move. Right. Now. Sigh, this pesky job...

Meg

Old Tex
04-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Hi Connie! Thank you so much. I really am having a lot of fun with this. These are all from reference photos, so your comment about spontaneity really makes me feel good about what I'm doing.

Thanks, Meg! I live in a little townhouse, so it's not like stepping out my front door and seeing this stuff. But since I'm way out of the city, I don't have far to go to find things. I'm glad you like this.