PDA

View Full Version : First timer

NunaInua
04-24-2007, 07:19 AM
Okay...I finally got around to actually playing with my new toys.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k290/Eskimohunter/selfportraitdone.jpg

It is super duper hard! lol...but I haven't had so much fun before!

I got it all wrong from the start...I drew it funny. But this is my first! I am normally a traditional painter and drawer. I found that cause I had SOOO many options I ended up playing with those, rather than looking at the big picture. lol FUN! This is a self portrait.

Oil pastels in Corel Painter X....

C and C are welcome!

barryt
04-24-2007, 08:22 AM
An excellent start nuna, a striking portrait

LadyAlba
04-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Hi NunaInua and welcome to Painters Alley! :wave:

I agree with Barry this is an excellent start...I love the delicate features and skin tones ... self portrait huh well your beautiful spirit shows through as well as your talent :) .. I know what you mean about the options there are hundreds and I find myself playing alot too when I try something new. :lol: Looking forward to more paintings! :thumbsup: :wave:

LavenderFrost
04-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Definitely a great start. I know when I started digital painting, it felt weird. But once you get used to it, it sure is fun!

Yako
04-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Love the expression of your portrait and the color choice! Welcome to this forum NunaInua!

Lucy-Foote
04-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Welcome NunaInua :wave: very nice start.. portraits are not easy to do, so many different planes to the face. Takes practice. I bet you have some very pretty Alaskan landsacapes to paint too. Glad you are enjoying painting. The more you get into it the more fun it will be for you.

Lucy

NunaInua
04-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Thank you all for your comments!

All I see today are the improvments I can make ...he he

omniartz
04-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Very lovely piece! Are you near Chugiak or Anchorage? I have family up there! Again wonderful piece! Please keep posting! :)

jhercilia
04-25-2007, 01:52 PM
I don't know if it looks like you but it is a nice portrait. And most important: you are enjoying it.

Wrichards
04-25-2007, 01:58 PM
pretty nice, I find the oil pastel brushs act very close to the physical sticks, thier blending and such can be dificult to control, well done.

NunaInua
04-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Thank you!

I'm trying other "mediums"

Good God I'm going to be in my little cave for months :/

Annie*M
04-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Great start and welcome to the forum.:wave: