PDA

View Full Version : Contact Lens problems...

Lynda Mortensen
05-02-2002, 12:04 PM
I'm having another go at pastels after a break of several years - but I seem to be having some problems with my contact lenses when I use them - they get misted up and blurry and I can't see very well. I suspect it's the pastel dust....

Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution other than wearing glasses instead (I don't have any glasses at the moment because they met with a nasty accident when I tried to remove some scratches with my Dremmel!! :rolleyes: )

Thanks,

sandge
05-02-2002, 03:32 PM
I used to wear contact lenses. Sometimes they'd get misted up when I was concentrating on something because I'd forget to blink!

This is just speculation, of course, but I don't think it can be the pastel dust. I would have thought the particles would be quite big and that you would feel anything that came into contact with your lens. You might need to make an effort to keep your blink rate up to keep the lens from drying out.

You should probably check with your optician, too.

chris 97
05-03-2002, 01:52 AM
you REALLY tried to remove scratches from your glasses with your dremmel tool???? LOL maybe you can incorporate whats ledt of them in a collage.............

chris 97
05-03-2002, 01:53 AM
thats "left' not ledt..........i should really proof read BEFORE i hit send

Lynda Mortensen
05-03-2002, 10:07 AM
LOL! Yes, I did - well it had already worked with my watch face and I was using the soft buffer head......Unfortunately plastic lenses seem to be a lot more sensitive :rolleyes:

AriadneArts
05-03-2002, 01:12 PM
Lynda, I don't wear contacs, but I am a silver/goldsmith and lapidary. I use plastic goggles for some of the grinding/filing, etc work. Keeps my eyes protected but doesn't impede my viewing. You can get these at reasonable prices at any hardware store. They're adjustable and might be worth a try.

Lynda Mortensen
05-07-2002, 11:59 AM
That's a good idea Eileen, thanks I'll try it!