PDA

View Full Version : Binder to store unframed pastels

Diana_pastels
04-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Hi all,
I have a few beginning pastel works that I do not want to frame but do want to keep. I was thinking about putting them in some kind of protective insert and keeping them in a binder. I have looked at Dakota pastels but can't seem to find something like this already. Does anyone know of sheet protectors that would work for pastels. I looked at glassine but it doesn't look like they are 'sheet protectors', just individual sheets. Any suggestions?
Diana

Cindy234
04-20-2007, 10:58 PM
Okay, I'm 'sorta new at this, just now getting enough that I need to figure out how to store them. 1) I got 2 large pieces of foamcore, 1 large pad of tracing paper-- stacked my pastels alternating w a sheet of tracing paper in between the foamcore boards. (like sandwiched them all in there) Then I secured the whole thing w 2 bulldog clips, top and bottom. I have no idea how this is going to affect the pastels in the longterm, guess I'll find out! I didn't have anything in there I really valued. Then I saw someone's thread, and they just buy the tracing paper pad and lay their finished pastels in there, starting from the back, 1 in between each tracing paper sheet. Now that makes more sense to me, I think I'll try that next. You could always secure the whole thing w bulldog clips, too. (Love those bulldog clips!)

Diana_pastels
04-20-2007, 11:36 PM
Thanks for your response, Cindy. I have read several threads about storing pastels in art bags and hanging them or storing flat in boxes. The problem is I don't have alot of space for either of those methods. Plus, I wanted to be able to look at them easily without having to remove the protective "wraps". That is why I was thinking of some kind of binder that I could flip through to see them when I feel like it.
Dian