PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here who paints in watercolours?

nostalgia
04-17-2007, 03:03 PM
I'll start trying out watercolours soon and wanted to know whether anyone of you also uses them. So that I won't have to feel so alone in the watercolour forum.

:D :wave:

jan409
04-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Yes, I paint in water colors. I do more acrylics though. I like both mediums. Jan

amaze_1101
04-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Hi Nostalgia

You won't feel alone for long in the watercolour forum. I spent most of my time there before using acrylics, and the folks there are as lovely as the folks here at Acrylics. You will spot one or two members there that frequent here also, so just go for it girl.

Lady Carol
04-17-2007, 04:01 PM
I went the other way and started out painting in watercolours but switched to acrylics. I no longer paint in watercolours.

Thomas Greaves
04-17-2007, 04:29 PM
I also was a watercolourist for many years before i decided to experiment with acrylics. At the moment I am working in both media. Both have their unique characteristics and I am sure you will enjoy your new experiences.
Good luck.

autolisp
04-17-2007, 04:29 PM
nostalgia

Why don't you try using the 'water colour' technique with your acrylics on some water colour paper?

I like using this technique as I can get 'stronger' colours.

Give it a go. You might be pleasantly surprised.

autolisp.

arowana
04-17-2007, 06:06 PM
I too tried watercolour first but am now using acrilic and getting used to them and the techniques..i think i will then try both together ..the delicasy of the watercolour with the strength of acrilics :cool:

idcrisis55
04-17-2007, 07:10 PM
You will really enjoy the Watercolor Forum as well. The members are wonderfully friendly and helpful. I still paint in watercolor as well as acrylics and oils. I love each of those mediums for their different qualities. What fun you will have learning and playing with watercolor. Good luck!

Lady Carol
04-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Why don't you try using the 'water colour' technique with your acrylics on some water colour paper?

I like using this technique as I can get 'stronger' colours. Give it a go. You might be pleasantly surprised.
This is a good point. There are many advantages to using the watercolour technique with acrylic paints, the best advantage is not lifting of the paint that you have laid down previously.

chammi kaiser
04-18-2007, 03:42 AM
I paint in both watercolours and acrylics. I love both mediums - can't make up my mind which is my favourite as they each have unique qualities. The watercolour forum in which I also post my work is a warm and caring place to be. You will get encouragement and good advice. Good idea to use acrylics like watercolour on watercolour paper.

fayre
04-18-2007, 04:14 AM
I started in watercolours and have just started using acrylics but I am missing the softness of my watercolours and think that maybe my paintings (mostly people)were better. The watercolour forum was most patient with me and I am sure you will enjoy the challenge.
Faye

plec
04-18-2007, 04:21 AM
it's all been said above enjoy your trip into watercoplours,
Regards Ken..

Marge Wms
04-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Since I am new to art, I have been trying EVERYTHING! I used to say I couldn't paint real things... now I don't limit what I can or cannot do in ANY way! Soooo I started with acrylics, then did watercolor, pastels, pencil, and even some water soluble oils! I'm just having a lot of fun and enjoying what I'm doing! There's so MUCH to learn and SO LITTLE TIME! LOL Gigi

C_Line
04-18-2007, 06:44 PM
I've done both and appreciate those who are really skilled with watercolors. I feel more liberated with acrylics...so mostly do them these days.

Devinjo
04-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Another watercolorist here! Trying my hand at acylics! But I do soooo love my watercolors!

Deborah:wave:

sweetapplez
04-19-2007, 12:02 AM
Hi! I paint in watercolour and pastel and am just trying my hand at acrylics. I will look for you in the W/C forum..it is a friendly and helpful forum too.

Trish