PDA

View Full Version : Old Aircraft Series

Elaine B
04-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Hello, all.....I'm almost finished with my Spad VII. It's the second in my old aircraft series. The Seversky P35 will be hanging in a gallery in Dayton next month. Dayton is know for "first in flight" - Wright Brothers, etc. I think I have a shot of making this work.:)

Please let me know what you think so far. Should I waste more canvas on this?

jan409
04-14-2007, 11:50 AM
These are really good. That would be so hard for me to do. You do them so well. Thank you for sharing. Jan

Bill_E
04-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Elaine, I like these. Defiantly not a waste of canvas! Interesting compositions.

I have this thing about not chopping off part of my subject. I do it all the time with photos (intentionally) but somehow I struggle with it when composing a painting. I did a painting of a 'DH Beaver' on skis where the wing got accidentally nipped off. The painting hangs on my office wall, but it bugs me constantly (a tiny version is in my signature photos). :confused:

Your paintings / compositions really work for me. Do more!:thumbsup:

Elaine B
04-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Elaine, I like these. Defiantly not a waste of canvas! Interesting compositions.

I have this thing about not chopping off part of my subject. I do it all the time with photos (intentionally) but somehow I struggle with it when composing a painting. I did a painting of a 'DH Beaver' on skis where the wing got accidentally nipped off. The painting hangs on my office wall, but it bugs me constantly (a tiny version is in my signature photos). :confused:

Your paintings / compositions really work for me. Do more!:thumbsup:

I can't quite make out the Beaver - maybe you could send me a larger photo. I'm going to try a Boeing P26A Peashooter next. Photo from which I'll be working is attached. I'm trying to be artistic about this series and paint the aircraft from different angles so the plane is recognizable, but from a different view.

gaykir
04-15-2007, 01:36 PM
These are very interesting (not to mention well done!). I especially like the propeller mount or whatever that second one is. You've handled the metal very nicely

idcrisis55
04-15-2007, 03:43 PM
This is very well done. I like the screen treatment very much. Good luck with the gallery and your next painting.

Wassie
04-15-2007, 03:45 PM
I like both of these, especially the colors in the propellers of the 2nd one. :clap: