PDA

View Full Version : Batman Lithograph

Zmaster
04-30-2002, 05:42 AM
Lots of shinkilae done with papers like rice and etc...
Litho done on metal plate... aproximate size about
48"x36"
Just a creation I came up with in shape, color and pattern...Zmaster:cool:
:clap:

Gisela
04-30-2002, 07:06 PM
Hi Z,

First question -- what's 'shinkilae'?

Next question -- could you please post one of these a bit larger? Looks like it might be pretty interesting, but it hard to see much with that size.

Gisela

Zmaster
05-01-2002, 03:07 AM
I think its either japanese or chinese process its the adding of paper ontop of the surface of another paper by either glueing or printmaking.....My instructor from souther Illinois taught me, his name is Karl Malone...
I will try to post another size variation, I put all three up because even though they look the same they all have different colored papers that I used. to overlay this Litho with.....
Zmaster

sassybird
05-05-2002, 07:03 PM
He is talking about Chine Colle, Gisela.

Zmaster, this is an interesting piece. The only critique I can give is to leave places where the eye can rest, or when putting your composition together let it lead the eye around. In this piece my eye wants to jump here and there, and I feel I miss things in the piece.

Zmaster
05-06-2002, 02:39 AM
Thanks for the correction on the exact name reference to the overlaying of paper technique....
He is talking about Chine Colle, Gisela
liked your thumbnail icon or what ever it is above your sign in name on post......Is that piece on here somewhere and where?
Zmaster

sassybird
05-07-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Zmaster
Thanks for the correction on the exact name reference to the overlaying of paper technique....
He is talking about Chine Colle, Gisela
liked your thumbnail icon or what ever it is above your sign in name on post......Is that piece on here somewhere and where?
Zmaster

Zmaster, here is the link for that piece I am using as my icon. Someone dragged it back up from the archives recently. I posted it back last July....lol It is in the color theory forum under "Someone please critique this color experiment" I believe is the title I put on it.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16412