PDA

View Full Version : 30 and counting down

johndill01
04-11-2007, 10:12 PM
It's finally under a month until IAPS. Can't wait to get there and meet all the WC pastelists.

SEE Y'ALL THERE!:wave:

John Dillingham

David Patterson
04-11-2007, 10:42 PM
I'll be looking for you John!

It's getting pretty close...time for Peggy to start her "Who's going to IAPS" thread! I think it was Peggy who said she was starting one. Peggy?:D

David:wave:

nana b
04-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Yes, I'm anxious to know too. Peggy, are you there?:angel:

I'm trying to get our dogs all caught up with their shots so we can board them:crying:. I so hate to board them:crying:. The third one will be staying with her cousins because she is so small. Can you believe the place we are planning on boarding Sophie and Mr. Higgins requires that for first time boarding you bring them in for a free day and they determine whether they will be accepted for boarding or not :eek: . If they don't behave or are aggressive etc, they are turned away. I guess you could call it exclusive:smug: ....... but we are staying at a Best Western for the convention:eek: There is something wrong this picture. You think?

nana b

AnnieA
04-12-2007, 12:58 PM
I certainly envy all the lucky artists who are going to IAPS. I sure hope those of us who aren't able to go will get regular reports from those who attend. :D (hint, hint)

Deborah Secor
04-12-2007, 10:13 PM
You don't get a free day at the Best Western, nana, not even to determine your eligibilty--however, if you get aggressive they will kick you out! :smug: :D

Deborah

nana b
04-12-2007, 11:03 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Deborah, we are not rowdy:cat:

nana b

scall0way
04-13-2007, 10:13 AM
I certainly envy all the lucky artists who are going to IAPS.

Me too! But I *do not* fly so it's too far away for me anyway. If they hold the convention within driving distance for me I might have to seriously consider it though, if I get to meet a bunch of Wetcanvas friends there! One of these years maybe. :)

bluefish
04-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Debbie:

You can drive down to Atlantic city for the 2009 IAPS convention and host the 1st annual 'cocktail party'!:p

........'bluefish:angel: '

PeggyB
04-13-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm trying to get our dogs all caught up with their shots so we can board them:crying:. I so hate to board them:crying:. The third one will be staying with her cousins because she is so small. Can you believe the place we are planning on boarding Sophie and Mr. Higgins requires that for first time boarding you bring them in for a free day and they determine whether they will be accepted for boarding or not :eek: . If they don't behave or are aggressive etc, they are turned away. I guess you could call it exclusive:smug: ....... but we are staying at a Best Western for the convention:eek: There is something wrong this picture. You think?

nana b

My neighbor runs a doggie daycare/hotel, and having seen and heard what she's been through I can tell you that you are probably visiting one very well run doggie hotel! My neighbor is a young(ish), relatively recent widow, and makes a very good living in this career (her second career at that!), but she works extremely hard, and is so popular that she turns away as many "guests" as she takes. She too interviews new clients. At one time she took all sizes of dogs, but now she takes almost exclusively small dogs because they are easier for her to take on walks around her yard. There's only one golden retriever (other than our two) that she continues to take, and they're the only dogs she allows to run freely on her very well tended 2 1/2 acre fully fenced yard. She has two small fenced areas where the little dogs that get along with one another are allowed outside play time, and all of them get twice daily walks on leashes (if they are leash trained). Some of her clients schedule their vacations around whether or not they can get their dogs into her hotel!!! Now that's loyalty.

Oh yah - she also has 16 cats! 10 of them are from one formerly ferel female who had two large litters before she and all kittens were captured. She couldn't find homes for them so her husband built a very nice cedar shake sided "home" of about 9x12 feet that has its own 7 foot fence with special screening around the top so they can't climb out. The top is also electrified so the racoons can no longer get in. I've been in that compound (cared for them when she went on vacation once), and it is amazingly clean. The other five cats live in her very large house, and put up with all the yapping little dogs. None of her cats are allowed to roam. Then there's all the birds she feeds at various feeding stations on her property, and scrapes that are put out for the squirrels and racoons. Would youbelieve she has a statue of St Frances of Assissi at one of her bird feeding stations?

Peggy

watergirl
04-14-2007, 01:07 AM
dog daycare is a nightmare, especially with akitas, we have a great person in Bothell but expensive. Not going to Iaps though, update, new greatly appreciated!