PDA

View Full Version : Wagon Wheel

jan409
04-10-2007, 02:26 PM
I have been working on this of and on for 3 days. I still have a little to do. I know the wheel is to big and off. But to take it out would ruin the rest of the painting. So I think I will redo it. Any c &c before I start over would be welcome. Thank you for looking. Janhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Apr-2007/63545-wagon_wheel.jpg

bojangles
04-10-2007, 10:10 PM
This is beautiful, great colors. I think that if you make the shed taller it would help to balance the proportions a little better. :thumbsup:

jan409
04-10-2007, 10:56 PM
thank you i think it might also. good idea. Jan

redtreestudio
04-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Your landscape looks as if it has worked as hard as your wheel has...:thumbsup:

The colors make one think of being hot, tired and thirsty.

idcrisis55
04-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Jan, you have a lovely soft painting going on here. I like the way you painted the soft background mountains and created distance in the mid-ground. Let's see if I'm reading the fence line right. It is a broken down fence with parts of it missing, is that right? I have a few suggestions for you as to what I would do so take these suggestions with that in mind, okay? :)

I would take out the middle fence post to create a bit more opening into the mid-ground, lower the wheel as you suggested and put in more shadow underneath the wheel to ground it, soften the rocks just past the first fence post, along the path and blur them until they fade from sight. That would invite the viewer in, even more.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide to do as you have the start of a lovely, serene painting.

jan409
04-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Ann Thank you, I was looking at the fence last night, and decided that it was as much as a problem as the wheel. Now with your suggestions I maybe can save a little of the painting. I still want to paint it over again, as my daughter wants it. I will work on this one, and then start one for her. Jan

idcrisis55
04-11-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm glad the suggestions have been helpful, Jan. I often hesitate with comments as what I suggest may not coincide with the artist(s) intent. But then, that what comments/suggestions are all about lol, offering a different viewpoint. :)