PDA

View Full Version : Raku + silver marble

richsantaclaus
04-04-2007, 05:56 PM
ok guys, I need your thoughts. I had this really THICK 99.9% silver lying around and some extra Raku soooooooo, here is the result. I am not sure if it floats my boat or not - sometimes I look at it and like it - it reminds me of a giant sea creature with it's mouth open revealing a huge tongue getting ready to eat something and at other times I think it looks like crap - sure wish I'da done better with melting those big globs of silver...... the silver kept wanting to float to the surface of my marble so I deeply encased it. Sooooooooo, what are your thoughts?????

Ozarkdreamer
04-04-2007, 06:11 PM
It's so hypnotic! I like the dreamy tendrils, and the silver looks like splashing water. And you're right about that tongue! I'm amazed. Thanks for sharing, and with so many pics, too.

richsantaclaus
04-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Kathryn - welcome! Have you seen my color thread - it might be something you can use when you torch. Just click on the blue part under my post. Have fun!!!!!

calumey
04-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Rich,
I think it's really cool! A lot of dimension and motion.

Ozarkdreamer
04-04-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Rich. Your color thread is a super resource!!! And your marbles inspire. A great combination. :)

Ekkie
04-04-2007, 08:27 PM
I love it Rich. Agree with previous comments about floating tendrils, splashing water and the dimension and motion. It is also a bit scary - I can see a giant sea creature's mouth that reminds me of an underwater serpent - shudder!!shudder!!!!

Jenn

StacieD
04-04-2007, 10:10 PM
I love it Rich!! Reminds me of a Raku tsunami.
Hugs

mtarara
04-05-2007, 01:37 AM
IT LOOKS ALIVE!!! Actually its looks different from every position. But altogether fascinating!! Its a keeper!! (And if not, you can always send it to me, I'd keep it!!) Great work as always!!
Mary T.

gingery
04-05-2007, 01:43 AM
All the afore mentioned comments apply & it's definitely a keeper! I like it!:thumbsup:
ginger

Barbara Barteau
04-05-2007, 06:05 AM
I love it too. Great work!

happyone4ever
04-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Rich, I LOVE IT!!! This one is my FAV!!! I LOVE IT!!!! WOWOWOWOW

Elegance_1
04-05-2007, 01:13 PM
WOW Rich!

Looks like a window to something you would see in the deep ocean! That is really awesome! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mixednut
04-05-2007, 07:28 PM
I love it Rich. Agree with previous comments about floating tendrils, splashing water and the dimension and motion. It is also a bit scary - I can see a giant sea creature's mouth that reminds me of an underwater serpent - shudder!!shudder!!!!

Jenn

I kept thinking this too Grendel maybe!