PDA

View Full Version : just purchased a Pentax K1000D

Casandra
03-31-2007, 11:20 PM
My husband I , just purchased this camera and were able to use it a total of 3 times, snaping photos, and once to download to the p.c.!
The photos especially in Mico ,were very impressive. However, after using this camera, and then connecting it to the comp. with the cables, that they included, the interior connection (inside the camera)apparently bent! (at least, according to the store ,that we purchased it though. It is presently in for repairs)
Did we purchase a disprosable camera at an inflated price!:mad:

Windy
04-01-2007, 04:40 PM
I do not know anything about the camera, but I would seriously consider getting a card reader so you do not have to use the camera cables. This would mean that the same thing cannot happen again. The connections in most devices are notoriously fragile.

Casandra
04-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Thank you Windy. I was able to download with the memory card, but I also wanted to be able to connect the camera to the T.V. and use the slide show feature as well.

I was hoping that someone had also purchased this make and model. I wanted to know,if they had a similar problem with this camera. I have had inexpensive digital camera's and never had a problem such as this.
Thank-you again:cat:

Windy
04-02-2007, 05:05 PM
My camera has a different connection for the tv so I can't really help you. Might get a mod to move this to a different forum so that we get more feedback.

Oldthumbs
04-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Hi Casandra -

I moved your thread over to the main Photography forum where we discuss hardware and software issues. You would be more likely to get a response to this specific question here.

Ray

Casandra
04-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Thank-you, Ray

meriadoc
04-07-2007, 01:51 PM
no, no problems with the K1000D in that aspect. Usually bent connections are caused by overenthusiastic insertion of the cable/card that will cause bent pins and whatever else.

The cameras are pretty tough so you gotta really force it (or put it in wrong) in order to damage internals.

Casandra
04-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Thank-you Meriadoc! I am glad to hear that the cameras are pretty tough! This camera was replaced by the store,after the trip to the repair shop. So hopefully, it is a good camera, and was just a defective usb port.

irishinmo
04-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Casandra,

I have been using a Pentax K110D since December and have not had any problems with it. I love the pictures it is producing.

I had several Pentax 35mm cameras and I am partial to them.

Enjoy your new one.

Will