PDA

View Full Version : Is a Particular Day or Time...

arlene
04-27-2002, 12:42 PM
better to sell your items? I mean are more items sold during the week? wknd? early in the day? later? Of course I'm basing it on the sales in the US..

Sumafra
04-27-2002, 09:32 PM
Wouldn't we all like to know the answer to that one! For me, I've ended most of my auctions on the weekend, preferably on Sunday around supper time my time, which is Pacific time. That seems to work pretty well for Canada and the US. Only occasionally have I had auctions end during the week. I really can't tell you if there's a difference. I've read somewhere that weekend is better for ending auctions, but I can't say that I've noticed it myself.

CarlyHardy
04-29-2002, 11:14 PM
I am always trying different times of day...different days...etc. and this is just from my observation.

Because of the time lapse east to west coast....my auctions ending around midnight (est) usually sell to buyers in the west to central US. Auctions that end earlier in the day usually sell to east coast or central time zone buyers.

My auctions that close on weekends seldom ever do as well as my auctions that end on Tuesday, Wed, Thur, or Fri. The first of the month is slower...then things pick up for the second and third weeks of the month...and slow down again before the end of the month. Maybe 1st of the month bills causes this....who knows!

Some months are slower....from June thru August was slow last year...but my sales were okay. Of course Sept 11 created the slowest market ever for e-sellers and AFA didn't help a lot. Folks bought the charity paintings instead of regular art. It did give me a lot of new viewers looking at all my art, however. December and January are usually slower....then things pick up again....but there's been a slump in bidding this past month. Taxes!!!

Consistency in listing and in pricing keeps auctions in the viewers eye...no matter when you list.
carly

kjsspot
04-30-2002, 01:54 AM
Wow Carly, that is so different from what I've been told before. But actually, as soon as school is out here (REAL soon) I plan on listing every day for a while and see how that goes.