PDA

View Full Version : Interior (Kitchen with my dog Molly)

Katie D
03-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Here's one I did a few years ago in a house that I loved. Little Molly Rimple is in heaven now and I'm so glad I have this. She was a real sweetie! The tones in the painting are more even from top to bottom, but I couldn't seem to get a better one.:(

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Mar-2007/103800-molly1.jpg

Linee
03-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Lovely! It has a wonderful folksy feel to it, full of detail and charm. :D I like your decorating, too. :) Molly Rimple is my favorite part, and then the lamp.

Thomas Greaves
03-29-2007, 12:10 PM
I love this style of painting: there's nothing pretentious about it.....it simply reflects life as it is.
This is well composed and painted with a good colour balance.
My only distraction is that the objects on the table are a little small proportionally to the rest of the room...but who cares.

Charlie's Mum
03-29-2007, 12:53 PM
I do like the style of this Katie - very individual, a little quirky in the nicest possible way :D
Little Mollie looks so comfy too :D

idylbrush
03-29-2007, 01:05 PM
OK, things aren't posting today it seems.

Lovely work in a primitive manner. Great comp and color.

I am going to assume that Ms Molly is a Yorkshire....would that be correct? She looks very sweet. Not like my little Yorkshire Terror.

dcheek
03-29-2007, 01:39 PM
This has a very nice warm feel to it. I like that you gave a hint of a beautiful day outside, but that you didn't try to make the outside intrude into the scene.

jan409
03-29-2007, 02:00 PM
If the rest of the house has the same comfortable feel as this picture, I can see why you liked the house, and I like the picture. I love the touch of the dog in it's bed. Just beautiful. I know you treasure this one. Jan

Dueck
03-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Sweet style! Reminiscent of a manuscript illumination.

Lady Carol
03-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey I want a cup of tea in your kitchen. It looks so homey and friendly. I like its little quirkiness in the odd angles and perspective of the table. You have certainly captured life.

C_Line
03-29-2007, 03:15 PM
I love this - so much to study...like Carol, I like the angles. Very creative.

Katie D
03-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks so much everyone for the nice feedback:) . I bought that house when I lived alone (except for my dogs) and redid a lot of it myself keeping as much of the old and I could. I'm so happy you got a homey folk art feel, because that's what I was going for. Thomas, I never noticed how far off I was on the cup and things:eek: --must be demitasse and a dimestore novel with postcards! And Howard, Molly was an Australian Terrier (she was 3 when I got her) and they look very much like a big yorkie but they're about 14-18 pounds. She was the sweetest. I may post another interior I did from that house if I can get a decent photo--that's almost as much work as painting the picture!

idcrisis55
03-29-2007, 11:07 PM
This is a delightful painting which must give you many hours of pleasant memories of your home and your dog.

Clever
03-29-2007, 11:10 PM
I love the folksy feel too and the wood floor is really nice to me.

chammi kaiser
03-30-2007, 03:19 AM
Like this naive style very much. It is simply delightful. Love the bright happy colours and of course your little dog is a real cutie.