PDA

View Full Version : After the Storm

laudesan
03-29-2007, 01:29 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Mar-2007/22284-Different_Striokes_March_opt.jpg
16" x 20" Gallery Wrapped Canvas. M.Graham/Atlier Acrylics. I would really like c&c on this please..
This is my entry into this months Different Strokes and it was darned hard work..:D Ref pic by eohippus

bowerbird
03-29-2007, 03:48 AM
HI Judy great effort but where is the fog ? A grey wash would fix it .

Nitsa
03-29-2007, 04:41 AM
JJ this is great!
I love the trees on the beach but feel the ones in the water are not appearing 'in' the water, perhaps some shadows would help ground them?

Lulu
03-29-2007, 05:05 AM
wow JJ, your hard work has paid off!
The water, surg and sand is superb, and the aerial perspective too.
I agree that the tree in the water needs to be 'grounded' in the water, and I wonder about some sky holes in the trees, they look a little pasted on at the moment?

jan409
03-29-2007, 07:09 AM
Beautiful, Jan

Gillette
03-29-2007, 07:24 AM
Hi JJ,
this doesn't need the fog( a grey wash) unless you want it, the only 'tinkering' it needs is some reflection of the trees in the water, otherwise it's very good.After all it was called 'Different strokes' and I agree it was hard this time.
Jane.

laudesan
03-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Thanks guys!! Great c&c :clap:

Yes some shadows from the trees in the water coming up!!

Lulu would you see sky holes in such a thick copse of trees?/ Hmmm I will look at them again then..:)

Lady Carol
03-29-2007, 09:28 AM
This is very nice indeed. I don't mind that there is no fog. It reminds me of storms back in Oz (Sydney) we didn't get much in the way of fog after they were gone. :)

I just think ther trees need a little more work. They seem a tad flat.

Charlie's Mum
03-29-2007, 10:48 AM
JJ - not much to add here really - a little extra will make a big difference - if you know what I mean! It's almost there :D

Shadows in water and sand to ground the fallen trees - and let some sand encroach on them too - this will help bed them.

Because your distant trees and fallen trees are almost the same tones, I'd lighten those b'ground trees slightly - not necessarily to make them misty (as Jane said, Different Strokes!) but just enough to send them back a touch without losing the lovely qualities of light trees against darker ones.

Water and sand are lovely - nowt to do there ;) (that's a good word from my part of the world ;))

dreamz
03-29-2007, 04:04 PM
I really like the wave! I'll wait to see an update before commenting further but overall it's nicely done

olliewood0702
03-29-2007, 05:30 PM
WOW, JJ you did GREAT!! This is beautiful!

mrs willow
03-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Nice work JJ. You have been given some good advice here.I think a softening of the tone of the trees in the background would be a good start.
Sandy

Marge Wms
03-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Hi, JJ! The only thing I noticed right off was that the sky and ocean seem to run right together. Then after reading other comments, I noted that the water didn't seem to be "washing around" the limbs on the beach.. and the shadow too, of course. You've had some good ideas.. don't let them overwhelm you.. Gigi

bchlvr
03-31-2007, 09:08 AM
JJ...beautiful painting! Great job on the bare limb in the water and beautiful colors. Love the sky and great depth!

laudesan
03-31-2007, 08:11 PM
Thank you all very much for looking and your great comments.

I shall tweak the painting I just haven't had time these last few days. Family comes first..

I have it on the dining room wall under the air con so I can look at it and decide where to tweak. I agree with your idea's and the shadows under the logs, the tree's and the beached logs will get my attention..

I will repost when I tweak it..:)

:wave: