PDA

View Full Version : watercolor from a new member

lillalouise
03-27-2007, 09:13 PM
:wave:Hi everyone, I am new. My mom discoverd this site when searching for help on color mixing and we both decided to join the art community here. Here is one of my watercolor and ink paintings from my spring series. I have 7 paintings so far from this series. Anyone else use ink with watercolors? Please let me know what you think and tell me your experiences with watercolors and ink.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Mar-2007/104466-spring_v.jpg

vik68
03-28-2007, 12:21 AM
Hi Nicole-
Welcome! I'm pretty new here myself and just started posting some recent watercolor paintings.

Your painting is very whimsical and charming. I love the soft colors you chose and how the leaves from one tree are blowing down to another.

After a hard night at work on my feet, your painting put a smile on my face. :)
Thanks for that!

katsarecool
03-28-2007, 12:51 AM
Hi Nicole and welcome aboard! I love this painting very much! Thank you for sharing it with us. Oh and welcome to your mother too!

Wind Song
03-28-2007, 02:36 AM
Nicole
I love whimsical.
I use Micron archival ink and love it.
Cool painting.

Yorky
03-28-2007, 06:46 AM
Love your style Nicole.

Doug

John Nicholas
03-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Cool! Your painting reminds me of something, but I am not sure what. It has a evocative and dream-like quality which is entrancing.

FriendCarol
03-28-2007, 01:46 PM
(was duplicate post)
Work reminds me just a bit of that abstract watercolorist (or watermedia artist :rolleyes: ) who paints things like rivers and geological strata, as if from above. Similar feel to the palette.

FriendCarol
03-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Lovely work... would make a great design for an Easter card. In particular I love the way the loose, playful sky contrasts with the precise, idealized forms below, all tied together by a delightful palette. :thumbsup:

Many years ago, when I played with gouache (just as meditation), I also used to root my tree shapes... and make similar forms progressively smaller and bigger... and root crosses, particularly around Easter. :p You remind me of me at your age, except you are much more competent. In fact, you're more completent right now than I am 35 years on! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work. :)

lillalouise
03-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the comments! FriendCarol- I like the idea of turning this one into an Easter card.

Joan T
03-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Welcome, Nicole. I like the colors in your painting and how the blossoms in the sky work so nicely. Let us see a few more from the series. Nice job!

painterbear
03-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Nicole,
Welcome to the Watercolor Forum and congratulations on your first posting of one of your paintings.

I really like the dreamlike quality of your work. The whimsical colors and bands of growing bushes and trees with their roots showing are terrific. I like the way you've let the watercolors "do their thing" in the sky merging and mixing freely.:D

There are several artists here who sometimes add ink to their paintings. You might try doing a search by using the "Search This Thread—Advanced Search" at the bottom of this page. On the top left type in something like "watercolors with ink" then scroll down and select Watercolor Forum (all of it) for the scope of the search. That might lead you to some of the threads that have been posted with ink and watercolor as the medium.

Sylvia

laudesan
03-28-2007, 08:45 PM
:wave: Nicole welcome to the forum..:)

Your painting is absolutely delightful..:clap:

Have a look at this wonderful Watercolour and Ink Demo (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408238) from our own Artyboon (Joanne) :)

:wave:

yahooserious
03-29-2007, 05:58 PM
Wow, your style is terrific, Nicole.... Love the painting..

Emilie

mmcaloon
03-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Nicole a lovely bit of whimsy

Europa
03-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Welcome - this has such a whimsical feel about it - looking forward to seeing more of the series

Pat

lillalouise
03-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks again! I like that demo. And thanks for the search tip Sylvia. I'm still trying to find my way around on this site.

KathyJB
03-31-2007, 01:32 AM
Welcome Nicole, this is lovely, I think of rolling hills when i see that,
love your style cant wait to see more,
again welcome to the forum,

The Art Corner
04-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Nicole welcome fun design. Keep them coming.

rue d'oak
04-06-2007, 12:54 PM
:wave: A welcome from me as well, Nicole. I see you mention that this is one of a series. How about sharing others as well. As a series, they might look great hung together!

Jen