PDA

View Full Version : back lit wood

mf.sutton
04-26-2002, 11:26 AM
Just sat down to mess around, painted this as it evolved this afternoon, was trying to come up with a composition to paint larger on canvas board, this is A4 size on acrylic paper. - Mike

KarenU
04-26-2002, 04:40 PM
Mike....I LOVE how you've done that sun in the background and the tree opening surrounding it really makes it stand out as the focal point of the painting for me!

Great work!

Karen

surreal
04-26-2002, 07:44 PM
I love your use of color and I find the composition to be very interesting!

surreal

gnu
04-27-2002, 04:30 AM
Now my toadstool would fit nicely in there!:D
Love the warm colours you are using, and I like the rock esp.

mf.sutton
04-27-2002, 06:14 AM
thanks guys, I really like the sun being the focal point, and I think my toadstool would fit nicely next to yours gnu - Mike:D

Caron
04-27-2002, 09:21 AM
Hey Mike, your rollin!!!! I like this one better then the first one you did like this. This is suberb Mike and I LOVE your birch trees!! Really nice texture! You are very good at developing the colours and depth in your leaves as well-something that I found very appealing from the beginning...
Mike, you rock!!

LarrySeiler
04-27-2002, 09:27 AM
Mike...one suggestion. When starring in the direction of the sun, and especially when the sun is in such low light position of the sky...objects in front would be silouetted. The glaring strength of the sun would prevent the luxury of seeing detail of those objects directly in front. Also, a property known as diffusion, would cause light of the sun to spill over and around the edges of the objects..thus obscurring any hard edges. The color of the sun would wrap itself around such things as well.

Larry

dianashaffner
04-27-2002, 11:11 AM
Mike,

what wonderful warm colors and peaceful atmosphere... for me, your painting almost radiates the warmth and gives a cozy-quiet-peace feeling
:clap:

Diana

boo
04-27-2002, 04:36 PM
hi

I agree with Iseiler about the foreground. Try half closing your eyes to make it darker and the details faded. It really brings the glow of the sun out.

Great idea for a painting

boo

gnu
04-28-2002, 04:21 AM
Mike... SORRY :( were they toadstools not rocks ? ..
Great minds.....:D