PDA

View Full Version : "Eye Candy for baby"

LLBadgerow
04-26-2002, 12:14 AM
Often viewing/reading, never posted a pic.

Please find enclosed a cover for a baby shower thank-you card. The babys mom, is a bit "gothic. And anti- pastels.

I was going for simplicity here. Trying to let the colors speak for it. If you need to ask, "what is it?" Don't worry 2/3 of the way through it, I was doing the same. (Can you guess?:D )

The final pic @ 9"x11" was framed in silver and is gone, so nothing can be changed, but what would YOU, have done differently, to finish it off? I always seem to have such a hard time bringing things together.

Please find enclosed: "Eye candy for baby" Watercolor on paper.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Apr-2002/audra.JPG

Thanks for your time!
Linda

onefromheaven
04-26-2002, 11:17 AM
Hi Linda,

I think you have done a fabulous job on this babies rattle. The colors are fun and vibrant. I wouldn't change a thing. :clap: :clap: :clap:

BlackTigr
04-27-2002, 02:39 PM
Linda, I think this is a fantastic use of color. I hope that I am able to find non-pastel stuff when *I* have kids...

--BT

gnu
04-27-2002, 04:34 PM
IF I had your talent, I might have added a tiny hint of texture to the resting surface (like square texture of a blanket eg, ) and signed it away from the rattle maybe up the lower left side. But the rattle is fab. a lot of mums are'nt into pastels now...
:clap: :clap: :cat:

LLBadgerow
04-28-2002, 10:10 AM
Thank you for the nice words!

Maggie, as always, my support team:D !

Amy, I understand your desire to not have all the pastels! I know that the baby to be, is going to be a boy. And felt the good ol' primary colors were too boring.

Gnu, my sister tried to talk me into a baby blanket of some sort underneath. I agree with you and her, but I was afraid I'd mess it up!:eek: I have never been too bold about placement of my signature, always opting to hide it in the shadows. My Father is always reaming me for this!

Again, thank you everyone for advice/responses!

Have a wonderful day!
Linda

Matttscott
05-01-2002, 08:15 PM
I dunno, I like the white background. I think it makes the bright colors even brighter. This would look awesome in a nursery room with a vibrant frame to match the colors of the rattle. Great colors! Great work!

:clap:

--Matt :cool:

LLBadgerow
05-01-2002, 11:22 PM
Thank you Matt!

I ultimately ended up with the decision to keep the white background, even against the sissy's advice and my fear. I kept turning it around, backing up, looking closely........but could not decide on where I would place anything else. But then again anything but the rattle, was not in the original theme I had in mind.

Like you said, a great frame was all it needed. And what I suggested to my sister. She promptly went out and bought the frame I requested: a heavy, very shiny, silver one with small beads on the edge. The mother to be was delighted.

Again thank you for your comments. I look forward to posts with an image or two included! (hint-hint!;) )

Linda

orchidlover6
05-03-2002, 02:15 PM
very nice work. I'm not partial to pastels either. Who says pastels go with babies anyway? and btw guessed it was a rattle right off the bat.