PDA

View Full Version : Starry Night

KarenU
04-25-2002, 09:52 PM
After spending some time in the eastern US on a recent vacation, I had the opportunity to find myself in 2 degree weather! Being from California, this was pretty much a shock to my system. I had planned to spend that day out and about sketching the local scenery...but come on 2 degrees!

Anyway, this painting was inspired from that evening when we went out to dinner and it was so cold it took my breath away. Don't know if that really comes across in the painting but it was fun to paint anyway.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2002/StarryNight.jpg

Karen

dianashaffner
04-25-2002, 11:30 PM
Hi Karen,

I looooooooooove your painting with that beautiful full moon. Seems like even the houses are cold and snuggle up next to each other :D

CHeers Diana

schdj_sb
04-25-2002, 11:57 PM
I love it. It's lively, yet cozy. I adore your painting style.

gnu
04-26-2002, 12:13 AM
Karen, really like how you place white line next to the black ones.
A nice cheery painting
Houses are close together like this in Wellington,, another thing on the agenda to capture!!
:clap: :clap:

CathyD
04-26-2002, 03:09 AM
Terrific as always! Your painting makes me feel like....brrrrrrr..... Cool painting!
Cathy :D

labang
04-26-2002, 04:37 AM
Your paintings always bring a smile to my face they are so lovely.
Great work.
Labang:) :) :)

mf.sutton
04-26-2002, 04:41 AM
another superb painting Karen, it definately exudes that chilly night atmosphere and I love your shining moon - Mike :clap: :clap:

dk_art
04-26-2002, 10:12 AM
I like it ... looks perty cold there with all those chimneys working overtime and that moon whitish moon hanging above in the blue sky .... also the blue houses remind me of faces (must be cyclopses with that one round eye window :D ) with their bottom windows being chattering teeth ...hehe

Sorry for if from now on you look at it and see these cyclopses chattering away :D

paintergirl
04-26-2002, 10:54 AM
I love it Karen! Your work is so vibrant! You can really feel the temperature in this one with the cool blue tone you chose and that bit of a halo the moon can get when it gets really crisp out!

KarenU
04-26-2002, 11:10 AM
Thank you all so much for your great encouraging comments!! It's such a pleasure everyday to be a part of this great community...don't know why it took me so long to find it.

Karen

boo
04-27-2002, 04:29 PM
great great great, love what you've done here. Very crisp clear night.

One thing that does heat it up a bit and that is the warm coloured houses, but I wouldn't worry one squiddlldy bit about it.

boo

LarrySeiler
04-28-2002, 02:43 PM
There is a whimsical pop deco'ness to your work that is pleasant and delightful. Enough to pick up anyone's day. I would imagine many professional office spaces, waiting rooms, hospitals would love such works as yours.

There's just something about them that cannot hold back a smile. Now, if that's not the ability for art to serve and minister to people's spirits....I don't know what is!

:clap:

Larry