PDA

View Full Version : Call for Art - Cleveland Center for Creative Studies

devinbaty
03-23-2007, 12:05 AM
I am a former instrumental music teacher in the Cleveland Municipal School District, a district that fails to graduate over 48% of its students, and meets
0 out of the State of Ohio's 25 Education Indicators.

This winter I have been laying the groundwork to start an arts education nonprofit to service Cleveland students. It's a long process, requiring multiple filings with the Secretary of State's office, as well as the IRS. I recently held my first board meeting, and I believe I have established a wonderful team.

We are hoping to start offering services to children with the start of the next academic year...

We're currently looking into creative sources of funding that will allow us to raise money while we wait for our nonprofit/tax exempt status.

One we are very interested in is asking established, up and coming, and student artists to contribute a 4 inch by 6 inch piece of art that will be sold
anonymously for $75. The buyer may get a piece by someone like Peter Max (hopefully) or a Cleveland student...they won't know who created their piece until they make their purchase.

Although we are still waiting for our nonprofit status to be granted (and until then cannot offer a receipt for tax write-off), please consider helping support our cause by donating a 4x6 painting.

Utrech offers 4x6 canvas boards for $0.69.

There is no need to apply, you can simply send your submission to:

Devin Baty, Executive Director
The Cleveland Center for Creative Studies
1676 Robinwood Avenue
Lakewood, Ohio 44107

For more information, please email me at devinbaty at yahoo.com