GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: House
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 21x25 cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is illustration I did for my portfolio.The perspective is wrong on purpose.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any comments - welcome.

Ruth Brigitte
04-29-2002, 11:32 AM
I've looked at your painting several times, now, and since nobody is responding, I'll place my comments. I absolutely love your painting style. I've seen your other illustrations, and they are really great. Do you do children's books?
The only thing I would change is the one half of the window of the door. You should be able to see the striped wallpaper through it, not the brown color you have. It doesn't correspond to anything inside the room. Also, move the nightcap down on the bear's head, it sits too much in the air as opposed to on his head.
Otherwise, absolutely lovely! I especially like how you kept the surroundings pretty dark, highlighting the light coming from the rooms downstairs. It gives a cozy feeling.

Vasilena
04-30-2002, 09:42 AM
Hi
Thank you for the response.
The broun "thing" you`re talking about should be a wardrobe or cabinet.I am thinking of may be changing it's color instead of removing it.
Thanks!

Vasilena
04-30-2002, 09:46 AM
Hi
I forgot to answer you about the children books.
Right now I`m preparing a portfolio for publishers and agents.
I hope to succeed, because I really love illustrating for children!
Wish me luck!

Ruth Brigitte
04-30-2002, 12:39 PM
I'm sure you will be met with very positive results. Your style is really great. You might want to rethink changing the color on the closet behing the door. It wasn't the color that made it ambiguous, but the fact that it filled EXACTLY one half of the window. If part of it would stick out in the other half (left part) of the window so you could see its edge, that would be the solution.
Good luck again!

Vasilena
04-30-2002, 01:48 PM
Thanks.
I`m not sure that the place is enough for 3/4 closet and a painting, but I'll try to move it.
Thanks again!:)

Ruth Brigitte
05-01-2002, 12:04 PM
You're right, extending the closet would mean it is in the way of the staircase. So I thought, maybe shortening the closet?

Vasilena
05-01-2002, 12:39 PM
Thanks!
I`ll work on that.:)