PDA

View Full Version : New Site, worried about pricing...

LouiseI
03-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Well, I finally knuckled under and tried to get my beads priced. I keep hearing 'don't undersell yourself', which I tend to do ALL the time, so I've tried to price my beads with that in mind.

Here's the site www.fireseed.ca

here's the priced beads www.fireseed.ca/beads.html

Please if anyone looks can they tell me if they think my pricing is ok? My dot and bubble beads are not big beads but do take time and patience to create. (I don't want to OVERprice!)

Thank you:)

cornelia
03-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi Louise,

congrats to get the pricing done and I already told you how
much I do like your dots and personals :)

I don't think they are overprized! Stacked dots are time consuming
and keeping the raised dots even takes skill. I haven't done sculpture
beads yet so I don't know what it takes to make them - do the bigger
ones take more time? If so, then maybe you should ask for a higher
adoption fee for Mrs Iris Ivory & her bigger friends?

ValorieCox
03-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Louise, I love your about me page, wonderful. The beads felt just a tad high to be because the beads don't look spot on perfect yet and they are not super large. The type of work you are doing is very difficult and demands the utmost precision. Your work is very close to that precision, but not fully there yet...but close. You have a good color sense, exploit it! I suggest keeping your prices as you are (good job) and keep tightening your skills to match up, and work on making the beads larger. Val

LouiseI
03-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Thank you Cornelia and Val, I really appreciate your comments they're very helpful. I was really pleased with yesterday's faces, I feel like I'm getting there, they are improving slowly with experimenting and perseverance. Now if I can just master this big bead thing lol! I'd love to be able to get nice chunky ones, ahh well - I'll keep at 'em :)