View Full Version : academic software

03-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Does anyone know. when purchasing software, under and what is labeled "academic", exactly what info they are looking for. My sister is a teacher, what would she supply vs my daughter lets say, who is in middle school. she has a student ID number, will they take that? How do they check or know? I am sure there is a way. My daughter wants new painter, she uses my intuous II and does stuff for school all the time. I use it as well. but if they dont take a student id, then my sister could, but what does she supply?

thanx for any input.

03-12-2007, 11:29 PM
I'm not sure what they will ask for I did purchase an academic copy of Painter 9 because I was a member of a non profit organization and they never asked me anything...even in registering I was never asked anything. :)

03-12-2007, 11:34 PM
right. like I am a coach of a softball team. we are a non profit org. I have a tax number. I could use this for making posters, fundraising items, etc. we are base as a high school fed team, I am also creating logos for a new outfield wall. its all for them. but mostly its for my kid to start learning. I have painter 6.1, but, its time to upgrade (and Jin say, yeah, Ill say, lol) can I use that tax number? I just dont want to purchase it on ebay or craigslist or something , and find, I cant get it registered.

thanx for you input.

03-13-2007, 12:07 AM
Hello :)

I know that at academicsuperstore.com it says:

"We require proof of current affiliation with a school. Accepted verfication can include the following: a dated student or faculty ID card, fee receipt, course schedule, pay-stub, or employment contract combined with any photo ID (driver's license, passport photo, etc.) Please feel free to block out any private information such as pay amounts and social security numbers. For Adobe, Microsoft, and Avid products, a photo ID is required. For more information see Eligibility."

03-13-2007, 12:08 AM
From what I have read on the corel site about who qualifies I think you will be fine. ;o)

Nonprofit Charitable Organizations

Charitable organizations not affiliated with a profit-making company or organization. In the U.S., refer to IRS Tax Exemption 501 (c)(3). In Canada, refer to Revenue Canada Income Tax Act, Section 149.1 on charities To read who qualifies go HERE (http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Content/1152796563346) after reading you can decide how to go with it. :cat:

03-13-2007, 12:38 AM
thanx ya'll,

LadyAlba, that link was aaaalll I needed for sure. now, that the kid is 13, I need to get here on here and get her involved. wc is soooo good for folks and learning.


03-13-2007, 01:30 AM
:thumbsup: :wave: