PDA

View Full Version : The last 3 weeks

Elegance_1
03-12-2007, 10:27 PM
This is my first posting in this section so I thought it appropriate to make it a biggie. lol

The past 3 weeks I've been making beads in the evenings (hubby's been out of town) Now that they are cleaned and sorted I can show off the good, bad and ugly. :p

Enjoy!

1) Centepede. Wasn't that easy cuz I'm not that good yet. but he is cute! :heart:
2) Practicing on EDP. I've got a nice set of round beads and a matching implosion! :thumbsup:
3) These were the fuglies in the bunch that will reside in the fugly jar! The big one would have looked nice had I not gotten soot in the clear. The off-mandrel pendent - well let's just say that it's not going anywhere. :lol:
4) I've been making a few hollows. I think they came out awesome! The vessel was very cooperative and tha'ts a good thing as it's going to Rich for the Marble he made for me (once it is annealed - kiln is in the mail....) :clap:
5) I don't remember where I saw the tutorial for this bead where you apply dots of colors and let the glass drip some and then wind it back around the bead. I've gotten some very nice barrels. ;)

Elegance_1
03-12-2007, 10:33 PM
What? You thought that was it? I guess if I didn't get so much encouragement from WC, LE and the Canadian forum I would have stopped long ago. All you wonderful artists have shared so much I simply cannot quit.

1) The blue filigrana bead is part of a set I am making. The bumpy bead is another hollow and the other 2 are the barrels made by letting the glass droop and wraping around. :p
2) Practice beads on dots, triangles & encasing all at the same time! :D
3) This is my first set using my lentil trio. I am calling it Spring Rain. Ivory base with spring pastel colors of frit mixed to make this color combination. If you really like it that much, I'll give you the recipie! ;)
4) Although you cannot see it well, this is dark brown with swirls of black, orange, yellow, and green. Calling this one Walnut Swirl. Much more vibrant in person. :thumbsup:

I do need more practice in all areas and would love your opinions on any of these beads. What you say is what inspires me to do so much better!

Thanks all for letting me be so long-winded.

Ellen Altamore
03-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Barbara - welcome to the showcase - ain't it great?

Dragon Myst
03-12-2007, 11:06 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

lizajayne
03-13-2007, 09:07 AM
I think they are looking great! Only thing I suggest is to work on the puckers on the shapes that are other than round (like in the barrel/oval/olive shaped beads). Otherwise they are looking good! The colors in your frit beads are really pretty, and the EDP ones came out well! Great job.

Elegance_1
03-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Ellen, fun? sure..... a little scary even! btw, your beads are great!

yea, Lizajayne about those puckers on the ovals... Just how does one get them? I try adding extra glass to the ends but somehow I end up having to use a diamond bit to round them out anyway.

limelight
03-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Nice work, Barbara. Boy were you productive! Nice when you don't have to be responsible for those DH's, huh?

richsantaclaus
03-13-2007, 07:53 PM
You ARE having TOO much fun!!!!!

BeadTowne
03-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Barbara, Love the centipede! You've got a great start there.

Not a puckers expert, but I'll give it a try. Make the footprint a bit smaller than you want the bead. Add more glass to the center of the bead, go higher than you want, as it will spread out to make the puckers.

PPP, something I need as well!

Elegance_1
03-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks Maggie. I'll give that a try. :thumbsup:

Rich, there is no such thing as TOO much fun! hehehe