PDA

View Full Version : rapeseed field

mf.sutton
04-23-2002, 06:17 AM
I have purposely gone for the horizontal stripes (sky, field, stone wall, foreground) and have also purposely kept it simple, aiming for a clean bright image. Not sure if I have achieved this and am uncertain whether I should add some more detail somewhere ?, anyhow comments/suggestions as always welcome - Mike:confused:

mf.sutton
04-23-2002, 06:20 AM
sorry missed the image:

KarenU
04-23-2002, 11:21 AM
Mike....I really like the composition, the colors you've chosen, and the detail in the stone wall in conjunction with the large areas of flat color in the foreground and background fields. I do find the small green bush on the left a little distracting to the overall composition, but aside from that I think it's wonderful! It has a great sense of wide open space.

Karen

mf.sutton
04-23-2002, 12:23 PM
thanks Karen, you know I agree with you, that bush is distracting, I painted it because it was there but I think I am going to lose it now, thanks for your comments - Mike:D

CathyD
04-24-2002, 02:16 AM
Mike, great painting, I love the simplicity of the composition and the colors. I agree about the bush! :D
Cathy

Ron van den Boogaard
04-24-2002, 07:15 AM
I'm not really sure about the bush, it adds tension and definitely depth. I would move the bush a little to right. Just a thought. Other than that, good piece!

Ron van den Boogaard (http://home.wanadoo.nl/brainbox)

Caron
04-24-2002, 02:11 PM
Mike, you are developing a very fun style..:) One I wish I could achieve. The colours are very cheerful and it makes you want to wander thru the meadow. My thoughts on the bush are to move it dramatically to the right so that it visually sits between the 2 trees but still on the fence line. Know what I mean? The angles of those treetops leaves the opening inviting and would be complete. The tree grouping on the left has a completed triangle in a much tighter grouping. By placing the bush to the right, you would be completing a second triangle on a larger basis. Just a thought...I dont know, it might not work, hmmm..

mf.sutton
04-25-2002, 09:17 AM
Cathy, thanks for your comments.
Ron, thanks and maybe moving it right may be the answer, although I have just painted it out before reading this.
Caron, thanks again for your comments, I know exactly what you mean and I think that a triangle like that would probably work, I am just going to live without the bush for a while and see how it goes.

By the way : this is 24" x 20" on Canvas Board.

Mike :D

here it is without the bush:

KarenU
04-25-2002, 11:32 AM
I like it without the bush.....great painting!! :clap:

Karen

boo
04-25-2002, 07:04 PM
I don't think that you need any more detail. As a result of your bold and simple style, I feel that the trees do the detail job to perfection. Any more detail and I think you would lose some of its appeal.

boo

gnu
04-26-2002, 12:23 AM
I like it without the bush too, (cours I'm a real Expert....NOT :D :D )
neat style. :clap: :clap: love the wall detail

surreal
04-26-2002, 07:46 PM
What a lovely painting -
It's positively charming!

surreal:)