PDA

View Full Version : Comes a Thunder.....................Fashmir

Fashmir
03-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Greetings all,

Having enjoyed your warm welcome at the posting of my dove image, I am encouraged to post another effort. It is a rough image of a desert scene in the category of a color sketch, rather than a work for the well lit wall. I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Mar-2007/102649-Comes-a-Thunder.jpg

Elvira
03-11-2007, 11:43 AM
It is lovely, if it is large if to print well I'd fram and hang it!
Edie

BrendaSue
03-12-2007, 10:37 AM
This is wonderful Fashmir! The depth you have achieved, and the light and shadows in the foreground is great.

Bree

TxAggieDarlin
03-12-2007, 10:49 AM
It is beautiful........do I see a dragon in the sky?

LadyAlba
03-12-2007, 11:57 AM
This is stunning! You definitely have a way with light I love this I completely agree with the printing out and hanging! :clap: :wave:

Fashmir
03-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Elvira- Thanks for that. I only painted it at about 3x5-ish (300dpi) so it won't hold up too well as a print. If I really wanted to get this one to hard copy I would likely do several more color sketches and then go to town on a huge virtual canvas. I am encouraged that you like it so well.

BrendaSue- Thanks for commenting. I enjoy playing with lighting perhaps more than any particular subject.

TxAggieDarlin- Thanks. Yes indeed that is a dragon breaking through the storm.

LadyAlba- Thank you for commenting. As I say, lighting is of particular interest to me. It makes me glad that you have a positive response to my efforts. Thanks for the clap and wave. :smug:

frayling
03-13-2007, 07:14 PM
I agree with all the other comments lovely depth and atmosphere nice and loose but detailed enough
great use of light to set the mood
well done Dave

Fashmir
03-14-2007, 12:56 PM
frayling- Thank you. I am pleased you enjoy my efforts. I plan to post again soon.