PDA

View Full Version : My personal tips re internet...

champagneharley
04-22-2002, 08:24 AM
The internet is just now starting to pay of for me.

Firstly I advise all of you to get a site with domain. My name costs me $15 US a year, and my site costs $30 a year. If you can't afford that, you can't afford NOT to!
Advertise your site EVERYWHERE!
I am even thinking of signing my paintings with my web site!
I use my website as a printable portfolio, so art directors, gallery and such keep me on record by printing out a page.

Because I've been around for years, people are really starting to notice me, and know of me.

Link to everyone you can. People visit through links. Be sure your meta tags cover all you can.

Add things like email advice for updates (recommend Bravenet!!!!) - to have someone to actually ASK to be notified when you update your site is a real BUZZZZZZZZZZ!
(someone REALLY cares!)

Add a counter, so that you know where your referrals come from, and how many come.

I joined CCNow as my shopping cart, and am delighted with them. They have world-wide coverage. I like this very much, and have a friend who has been with them a year who gets heaps of art sales. It's easy to use.

I LOVE ebay!

It is good if you can find a 'niche' for your art on ebay. Keep your name up there constantly in the title, so you get a following. I do well with miniatures. Cats are always good, so are fairies. Your titles ARE the MOST important part of what you put up on ebay. You need a method to list there. The best advice I have found is on http://www.Pitchfordart.com - they are WONDERFUL!

For really good campaigns by individual artists, ones who list and sell week after week are....
(run a search to see ... 'Jeff Cohen' 'Hollingsworth' 'Saltarelli' 'YSC' )

You're welcome to ask me more questions, if you like.
Regards,
Jillian
http://www.JillianCrider.com

Sumafra
04-22-2002, 10:01 PM
Hi Jilian, thanks for some good information.
For really good campaigns by individual artists, ones who list and sell week after week are....
I have looked at the auctions of the artists that you mention. Could you expand on the 'really good campaigns' that these artists are running? What exactly are they doing to be so successful?

Thanks.

champagneharley
04-23-2002, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Sumafra
Hi Jilian, thanks for some good information.

I have looked at the auctions of the artists that you mention. Could you expand on the 'really good campaigns' that these artists are running? What exactly are they doing to be so successful?

Thanks.
Keep an eye on them and observe. Same as suggested on Pitchfordart. No reserve, constantly having work up there, so that they get a following. I daresay they have mailing lists that they keep people informed when new work is posted. They keep their work with a set apprearance. I have NEVER seen them fail with an unsold work. To me, that would be, for myself, a miricale. Watch them for a while, see what they do. Compare them to others, you will see a difference. Or maybe you might choose to watch others. Try to work out why they sell, and othres don't.
Regards,
Jillian
http://www.JillianCrider.com