PDA

View Full Version : Your own art auctions

louise279
04-22-2002, 07:38 AM
Hi,
I have just found some free software for website that allow you to run your own auctions - ie no ebay, no fees or anything.
You can set up all the preferences to your own taste and set things to match your website. Has any one tried this on their websites? Do you think it is a good idea? and would it work?
What do you think?
Thank you for any help:D

arlene
04-22-2002, 12:25 PM
it sounds fine if you have a following and are just interested in selling to your clientele, but if you don't ebay or the others is the way to go.

Sumafra
04-22-2002, 09:31 PM
It may sound good on the surface of it, but how will you get people to find your website, let alone bid on paintings? As large as Ebay is, with thousands and thousands of visitors each day, it is not uncommon to list for 10 days and get only 50 views of your painting. Imagine what it would be like on your own site where you will get considerably fewer hits every day. I personally don't think that would work. YOu couldn't get enough people looking to make it viable.

louise279
04-26-2002, 10:34 AM
Thank you for your replys, i thought it might be an idea to get people to buy more paintings from my website, I currently sell about 3 or 4 from there a month and probably about 20 a month on ebay. My website does get about 70 seperate visits a day, about half of them are from yahoo searches/other searches ( i have a really cool site statistic monitor with my hosting plan:D )

Does any one else have any opinions on this?

Sumafra
04-26-2002, 11:35 AM
Louise, all I can say is if your getting those kinds of sales already, you're doing very well. If you have collected names of all your buyers, it might be possible to try your own auctions. However, I still think you'd be losing out on a lot of potential new buyers who will go to Ebay but might not make it to your website. Let us know if you try it, I'd be interested in hearing how you did.

waynebrekke
06-03-2002, 11:06 AM
what software is it and where can i find it?

might be good for invitational auctions for clients and mailing list personell. got a few ideas that may work....

tammy
06-03-2002, 10:19 PM
I don't think I'd wanna try it. for myself that is.

sandge
06-04-2002, 08:18 AM
I'd love to see your website, louise279. Any chance you could post the link? :)

dianashaffner
06-04-2002, 07:58 PM
Hi Louise,

I would also like to visit your website (link?)
I am stunned to hear you sell more than 20 paintings a month regardless where. How do you even create that many so fast .... do you sleep at all ? :D

Cheers Diana

waynebrekke
06-14-2002, 06:48 PM
i still would like to try the software. is it a share ware thing? lemmie know!!

:D