PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy?

Reeclm
03-06-2007, 09:21 PM
I would like to purchase a Nikon D200. (At least that is where I am leaning right now.) I read previous threads on comparisons with the D200 and the D80 and the Sony Alpha 100. That information was very helpful and because of it, I leaning toward the D200.

Do any of you have any suggestions on where to buy? I am looking for an incredible price without being ripped off. (Isn't everyone?)

Thanks for your help!

Te_Wheke
03-06-2007, 10:01 PM
I would like to purchase a Nikon D200. (At least that is where I am leaning right now.) I read previous threads on comparisons with the D200 and the D80 and the Sony Alpha 100. That information was very helpful and because of it, I leaning toward the D200.

Do any of you have any suggestions on where to buy? I am looking for an incredible price without being ripped off. (Isn't everyone?)

Thanks for your help!

I don't know where in the world you are? If you are in the states you can look for a price comparison to find the lowest price on the D200. After that go to the site and check out their feedback to see how many of their customers were happy with the transaction.

I bought my D80 and other accessories from Ritz no problems with them, not the cheapest but I felt confident that they would deliver. I would also suggest checking out sigma4less they had some of the best prices I've found and I have had great service from them. You can also go and check out your local camera shops to actually hold the camera and compare them to each other, as feel is a big point for me. The feel of the D200 will make most of those others feel like toys imo, but some think it is built a bit like a tank and don't want to carry it around.

Some people are buying from ebay too, I guess you could have a look there and checkout their feedback before buying.

I had pretty much made up my mind to get the D200 too but wound up getting the D80. I was researching the D200, D80, A100, XTi aka 400D, and am very happy with my D80.

D200
03-06-2007, 10:10 PM
The D80 and D200 are very similar...I have both, the D200 is only superior to the D80 in feel and build. I would shy away from the Sony as getting longer lenses for it is tougher as they just dont make them.

You cannot go wrong with D200...buying the best now is cheaper than buying the best later when not happy with something lesser.

Wino
03-07-2007, 05:23 AM
I directed Reeclm here. She's in Texas, USA.

D200
03-07-2007, 06:28 AM
Check www.buydig.com several of my friends have purchased from them no problems and they seem to have some of the lowest prices on camera gear...just be sure not to shop price alone...there is something to be said about aying a bit more with the option to return easily. With Ritz or wolf you just box it up and return it...you have 30 days.

WaterPainter
03-07-2007, 08:41 AM
I just baught a bunch of camera gear (Canon XTI, Lenses) from Beach Camerawww.beachcamera.com . Good prices, and fast service. Have a Good day, Kevin.

peterculley
03-15-2007, 12:33 AM
I usually get my photo supplies from bhphotovideo.com. They are cheap,fast,and have cheap shipping. I did buy a Nikon D70 from Ritz. I couldn't stand the high pressure sales pitch the guy made for the extended warranty.

-- Peter culley

Te_Wheke
03-16-2007, 12:39 AM
I usually get my photo supplies from bhphotovideo.com. They are cheap,fast,and have cheap shipping. I did buy a Nikon D70 from Ritz. I couldn't stand the high pressure sales pitch the guy made for the extended warranty.

-- Peter culley
I always call them and since it's the middle of the night there calling from New Zealand I just get someone in India who just want to get the order right, not try to sell you add ons.

I never buy the extended warranty, just add it to my household contents insurance allot cheaper, and if you don't want the extended warranty just tell them that is what you are doing they rarely question you. Or you can simply tell them to get stuffed, that is usually my response to the high pressure sales pitch.