PDA

View Full Version : Spring

Theo_N
04-21-2002, 01:02 PM
Spring is finally sprunging here in Calgary. It makes me want to get out the Gulf Islands (between Vancouver Island and the British Columbia mainland) and not have to deal with the residue in the yard and the rotting fences. :) For those of you lucky enough to be in the islands keep an eye out for Cumulo-Frownus Clouds. By itself, a Cumulo-Frownus is relatively benign. When two or more Cumulo-Frownii get together however, they become a Cumulo-Rumbulus - rough weather ahead!

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend and now, I shall venture off to see what treasures might be laying in wait in my gutters.

theo

LLBadgerow
04-26-2002, 12:23 AM
Theo,

A lovely picture......may I ask as to what medium it was done in?

Ah yes! Isn't spring so wonderful? It also has finally sprung for us too!:D It seems the older I get, the more I need to see winter fade away!

Linda

Theo_N
04-26-2002, 12:50 AM
Hi Linda,
Ha-ha! Since my post, it's snowed once and we're supposed to have another tomorrow. In most parts of Canada Spring doesn't really happen until the end of May. If you're lucky, you just get teased a lot by Old Man Winter. I imagine you get that a lot in Michigan as well.
The painting is watercolour and ink on rag surface board. The border is acrylic.

LLBadgerow
04-26-2002, 01:14 AM
Hey Theo!

Ah yes spring....husband just left to start the frost fans! We are apple growers. An inch of snow last Monday, but 86 degrees a week before that!! And 5 inches of snow 5 days before that...........
Were not holding our breaths yet, are we?;)

Great use of the watercolors!

Linda

Matttscott
05-01-2002, 08:22 PM
Great painting, Theo. I love the colors in the waves! The tree in the distance on the right looks like it is leaning over staring at the proud tree in the foreground. Wonderful!

--Matt :cool:

orchidlover6
05-03-2002, 02:17 PM
nice work theo. glad to see you signed up for pc3.