PDA

View Full Version : Been a while........

Carguy
02-28-2007, 10:19 PM
.............since I painted anything. I started painting in gouache and I have loved using it but after a break from painting through a crisis of confidence, I dug out the paints only to find that several of them had dried up. It's not a popular medium, and so my local art supply store does not have a good selection.

Anyhow, enough of my complaining.

I suppose that I should just have a shot at something with what I have and see what results. Anyone else been faced with this?

This was my last effort, in case anyone is interested. Scan was not too good.

Old Tex
03-01-2007, 09:23 AM
Hey Stephen,

Great job! You obviously know gouache - and cars. I'd love to see more of these. As to your 'crisis of confidence'... I have one of those every time I pick up a brush and stare at a blank surface! Thanks for posting this.

meglyman
03-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Great work, excellent job with the details!

As for giving it a shot with what you have... someone suggested that I try a color experiment: pick a subject, then pick three of your colors with your eyes closed, and do it! The results aren't always pretty, but it can help people learn a lot.

Your results are excellent!

Meg

Sonia
03-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Great stuff. Are your paints too dry to be softened with some water and gum arabic, even if only for some practice runs to get you back into the painting habit?

Carguy
03-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the support. I tried water to save a few of the paint tubes that were not like concrete but was not aware of the gum arabic. A lot are good still, so I should try using them. I actually have a project in mind, so it's a matter of digging out the old equipment.

Sonia
03-02-2007, 05:33 AM
Don't put it off, don't make excuses (I do that every day!) - you just need to get into the swing again.