PDA

View Full Version : Checking Out Work

JasBrom
02-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi Everyone,
Just been lurking and checking out all the new drawings. Each and everyone of you are so good at what you do.
I did find couple classes coming up at our local college. Frist class is in "Introduction to Drawing" which starts on March 7th.-April 4th. 5 Wednesday evenings, 6-thru 8 PM. I am thinking about sigining up this coming Friday 2nd. of March even though I can't draw a straight line from Ato B. The the next class is "Pen & Ink Drawing for 5 weeks also, April 12th.-May 1oth. 2oo7 Thursday evenings. Wondering if I should be taking the drawing class as I can't draw. What do you all think? Should someone that can't draw a straight line bother to take a class, or just skip the drawing class and take the Pen & Ink class, which is something I really want to learn.
In other words would the drawing class benefit me with the Pen & Ink class? Thank You for any suggestions. :wave:

DSPIT
02-27-2007, 06:47 PM
I believe drawing classes would benefit you pen and ink. really depends on what your going to draw. but most times. you can sketch out what you want in pencil giving yourself the ability to erase and adjust, before inking which is not so friendly if ya boo boo. :rolleyes:

anyway, who draws that many straight lines anyw how. If they are teaching straight lines, its drafting:lol: :D

Good luck and hope to cya back.
Bob

JanetteBC
03-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Most artists use a ruler for drawing straight lines :D
The desire and drive are the main things.

cinnamonteal
03-13-2007, 11:09 PM
I think that no matter what kind of art you want to do (pen and ink, oil painting, stone carving, etc.) drawing classes are always beneficial. They teach you how to really see things and translate that into your medium.