PDA

View Full Version : Here are my latest caseins

RedEquus
02-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Hello, everyone,

Here are my last three casein paintings. The first two were done, plein air and the last one is a view from my window. All are small averaging 5" x 7" to 6"x8". These were all done in the last week. It pays to keep busy. :D

Thanks for veiwing! Janice :wave:

Old Tex
02-25-2007, 11:06 PM
Janice, these are really nice! I especially love the colors in the far tree line on the first one, and the shadows of the trees in the third one.

JamieWG
02-26-2007, 07:11 AM
Hi Janice! Thanks for sharing your lovely paintings. They are so beautiful that it makes me want to pull out the caseins again! What is your support for these? It looks like a textured surface.

Jamie

pinkrybns
02-26-2007, 07:39 AM
Ooh, I love the third one...nice image, great movement!
Like Jamie asked, what are you painting these on?

:wave:
Judy

RedEquus
02-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi everyone,

Thank you very mch for the complements!

I paint on wood panels. The panels are canvas covered or gessoed wood panels by pintura and pantelli. They are supposed to be archival and acid free. Since I probably won't be around in the next century to check on their sales pitch, I'm hoping they're being honest. These are canvas covered wood panels.

The last painting is done on acid free board, (maybe Bristol but I think it's something else). This is covered with gesso that has pumice mixed into it. I size both sides to prevent warping.

Janice

cmwynn
03-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Delightful pictures, even for someone like me who does NOT like winter. Very good shadows in #3. Very brave to use casein plein air. The couple of times I tried I got more on me than on the painting.

meglyman
03-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Excellent winter colors! Makes me yearn for spring, though... ;)
Meg