PDA

View Full Version : cs2 - not responding to keyboard, HELP

emogirl
02-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi Gang...today I was editing pix and for some reason cs2 is not allowing me to use my keyboard shortcuts....in fact not responding to my keyboard at all. I can get around it most of the time...but sometimes i just need my keyboard!!! is there something "unchecked' somewhere? I just cant figure out what's wrong. I checked ps7, and it is responding. Any ideas?

Ron Biggs
02-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Hi Kim, I don't use cs2 so can't help directly but I found this article HERE (http://indesignsecrets.com/the-missing-keystrokes-mystery.php) hope it helps.

emogirl
02-22-2007, 10:43 AM
thanks ron...i am thinking it has to do with a plugin i installed yesterday...but things worked fine after that...mmmm...

ohh...for anyway else with an idea...it is not responding to any keyboard commands - if i use ellipitcal and try to arrow key into position, it wont work.

Oldthumbs
02-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Kim, have you tried rebooting?

Windy
02-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Kim the other thing that can happen in some situations is the windows program may be over riding the shortcuts.
I would try what Ray said and reboot, and if the does not help, reassign new short cuts.

emogirl
02-22-2007, 04:58 PM
I tried re booting...i tried all kinds of things....i tried re assign short cuts...etc...nothing gives.....after reading the article Ron pointed me too, i'm sure it might have to do with the plug in i installed....i am going to try uninstalling the plug in and hope for the best. good thing i can still use the program, but i would really love my short cuts back!!!

Windy
02-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Kim I agree that I would be severely hampered without my shortcuts.

madster
02-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Did you try Resetting your preferences?
Photoshop is notoriously finicky, and the plugin may have caused it to go wonky.

When you first start up Photoshop, hold down the Ctrl+Shift+Alt keys.
A dialog box will appear asking if you want to reset all preferences, click Yes.

Many times, that will fix the problem.
What was the plugin you installed? Freeware or paid for, and what Version Photoshop was it designed for? Some of the older plugins won't work with CS 2. I have a couple freeware apps that I have to fire up Ver.7 to use.

~M

emogirl
02-23-2007, 12:29 PM
thank you madster....I tried the cont/alt/shift and no dialog box came up...grrr...i tried uninstalling the plug in, it was a trial verison for cs2 and stil has not solved it, so i think the problem is elsewhere.

i'm have added a number of actions recently and wonder if the problem is there?? well, it still works...so i'm not at a total loss. I'm kind of thinking i might try uninstalling and reinstalling cs.

debsn2paintn
02-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Is the keyboard working in other programs?

madster
02-24-2007, 08:46 PM
The control alt shift thing is kind of tricky, in that nothing will happen if you don't time it and hit the combination JUST as photoshop starts up.
Your photoshop disk has a "repair" option, I believe, so you might not have to totally reload, but if you do, it's not that big a deal, you just then have to set everything up the way you like it.

Best of luck on fixing it!
~M

Bob Rooney
02-25-2007, 06:14 AM
Hello Kim, fellow barn painter.
You might have a conflict with something running in the background. Try this test to find out. Number four (http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=330664).

emogirl
02-25-2007, 05:56 PM
thanks guys..i'm trying both

emogirl
02-25-2007, 05:56 PM
deb..yes, keyboard working fine....its just certain shortcuts it doesnt like!!!