PDA

View Full Version : Daffodil Hill -- Mom and child, w/ghost also

richlll
04-19-2002, 05:13 PM
This is my second monotype (oil), it came out a little different than I had expected. But, I guess that is part of the fun of a monotype. :)

The original was hand-pulled onto rice paper. I will be attaching the ghost print also, the ghost is printed on Arches 88. I rubbed some stand oil onto the 88 so that I could draw more paint off the plate and ran my brayer over it.

I have a question:
Is it a good idea to moisten the paper with water in general before pulling prints, even when working with oil based paints? :confused: :confused: :confused:

For these prints I did not use water...I did some testing, using water, and it seems to work pretty well, but I am hesitant to try it with something I spend a lot of time on... :confused:

Thanks for looking.

Rich

richlll
04-19-2002, 05:19 PM
:)

richlll
04-19-2002, 05:24 PM
:evil: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sassybird
04-21-2002, 10:04 PM
My experience is that the ink is drawn to damp paper easier than dry paper. Now that is just for intaglio and monotypes, and it has a lot to do with the kind of paper you are using. I wouldn't dampen rice paper, or Rieves light weight, papers like that. I don't dampen my paper when I do lino or wood cuts. There is a divided train of thought on that subject. So, just experiement and go with what works best for you. That is what I did.

BTW...lol I like the mono print a lot. It has great movement within the piece, and the color is soothing to my eye. Your loose style is also appealing.