PDA

View Full Version : Intimate Landscape

river rat
02-17-2007, 12:49 PM
I thought I'd throw out a springy picture for you. It's egg tempera on a gessoed panel and 10 x 10 which makes it about life size. Not much more to say about it really, so hope you like it.

river rat
02-17-2007, 12:56 PM
All right where's the picture? Let's try this one more time.

Sonia
02-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Just beautiful!

Alachua Artist
02-18-2007, 01:12 PM
oh my - that's the painting??? I thought it was the reference photo!! Now THAT'S just FABULOUS!

Bringer
02-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Hi David,

I went to your blog and you sure are very talented.
I also like Vermeer. Dutch masters are among my favorites.
Congratulations, not only for this work in particular, but also for your other ones.
I do hope that you're doing your best to promote yourself. Are you contacting galleries and entering contests ?

Best regards,

Josť

river rat
02-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Thanks everybody.
Every time I take a picture of something I've done I see things that could be better. When it gets posted I wonder if anybody else will notice. This picture is a bit washed out, the flowers are defined better in real life, but it's pretty close to actual.

Thanks for the blog visit Bringer. I get the feeling I'm talking to myself there, but it is still relatively new so it may yet catch on. More will be added pretty regularly. As for promotion, I'm doing what I can. The area around here seems pretty dead. My one current "gallery" is linked on the blog. In the next few weeks I'm planning on sending some stuff around to possible places around the country. See if this show is ready to go national. I always seem to find out about juried shows the day after the deadline or when they actually open. Timing is everything.

Thanks again everyone.

Bringer
02-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Hi again,

On this link from my site I've put some links to resources.
Click on Artshow for exhibition deadlines, workshops and so on.
There's even an option for searching by states.

http://sitekreator.com/hushcolours/resources.html

Best regards,

Josť

JamieWG
02-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Oooh, the irises are beautiful, and I love the texture of the stone. Lovely work.

Jamie

fala
03-02-2007, 05:05 PM
I was just looking around in this forum and I saw your painting and just had to say WOW!

meglyman
03-04-2007, 07:43 PM
I feel remiss for not commenting yet... this is an excellent painting. I think my favorite part is the way you've portrayed the light on the leaves.

It reminds me that the first irises have bloomed in my yard... happy Spring to everyone!

Meg

river rat
03-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Sorry, I wandered off for a bit, but something came up so I have a good excuse. First thanks to everybody that has looked and took the time to comment. Glad everyone seems to like it. There are some problems with it, mainly edges. It can be hard to get a soft edge in tempera, but I can do better than that. Looking at it now I think the flower placement could have been a bit better too, but it will have to do. If there is a next one, it will be better.

Bringer, thanks for the link. If I get a chance it will be a great help.