PDA

View Full Version : Dacshund - Coat of Many colors

bnoonan
02-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Can someone please help me name this piece by 11am PST.

Thanks, Barb

Nancy Leone
02-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Poor, nameless creature. Looks like I'm too late (and names aren't my forte) but it looks like he wants something so: Please or I'm Begging You or Why Not?
Good luck. I'm sure you came up with a better name than I did.
Love the colors. Well done.

NothingButPencils
02-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Let's see, how about:

You Gonna Finish That?

Great painting.

CindyW
02-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Cutecutecute!!

How about

"Ahem"

"The Silence is Deafening"

"Patience is a Virtue"

"I'll Wait"

"As Long As It Takes"

:)
Cindy

K Taylor-Green
02-16-2007, 02:45 PM
How about his name? He's gorgeous, Barb!

AnnieA
02-16-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm too late too. Just in case you've found a bit of extra time, I would have suggested, "Cookie...please?" OR, "My Soul for a Cookie..." (maybe "doggie bone" could be substituted for "cookie")

Great painting! What soulful eyes! I hope you'll let us know what you came up with and why you needed the name by 11.

bnoonan
02-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Wow - thanks so much for all your help... Actually Nancy you Won! I had a moment to check before sending it off to the printer for it's postcard and it's now called.... "Please".

Now I know where to go for help when it comes time to name my paintings. This is truly one of my weaker skills.

Nancy, Kate, Cindy, Annie, Pencils... if you want a postcard sent you you after your efforts here, just PM me your mailing address and I'll send you one.

Whew... the order is in the works!

Barb

Bhavana Vijay
02-16-2007, 04:21 PM
WOW!! I love this painting...and "please" truly fits! It looks like you had so much fun. How do you decide on these kind of colours..if I try something like this..lets not even go there.:P Love it, love it.:clap:

bnoonan
02-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Bhavana, Thanks so much and congratulations on your PJ fame!!! Well deserving.

barb

chewie
02-16-2007, 04:45 PM
I like the name and the work is great. love how you really pushed those colors, its a zinger!

and i too hate the name-game. i dont' play it well! i used to hate those ppl who'd put something like 'summer #11' but now even that seems more than i can come up with! argh! 'please' fits this well, cuz anybody who's ever seen that 'look' will know exactly what it means! nicely done!

PattJ
02-16-2007, 06:56 PM
'Please' is a perfect title for this wonderful dog painting! I love the expression and also the punched up coloring. Well done!

Pat

bnoonan
02-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Chewie, Pat - thanks so much. My DH asked me why the postcard says... "Please".... so... I guess it's self explanatory to artists but perhaps not all viewers!

I'll keep you posted on how it frames up and sells... hmm.. fingers crossed.

barb

Karen Margulis
02-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Great name for a great painting! I am so bad at names so it's fun to see what everyone comes up with!

Karen

Snowbound
02-17-2007, 10:17 AM
Sweet painting. I'm a sucker for dogs. To me, that expression (with the silly hat on) says, "Why me?". LOL

Dayle Ann

bock
02-17-2007, 10:45 AM
The title you chose is perfect. It says "Only Have Eyes for You" to me. My daughter loves this portrait! She has a little dachshund too. Great colors!

Pat

Tennessee artist
02-17-2007, 10:58 AM
How about just plain ole
Wiener!

Paulafv
02-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Young Blue. (as opposed to Old Blue, which I'm sure I've seen as a dog's name somewhere over my reading life.)

Pinecone Conniff
02-17-2007, 06:27 PM
You'd be surprised at the affect a good title has on a painting..."Please" is excellent & should serve you well! Sorry I missed the naming game...maybe next time...:)
Annette