PDA

View Full Version : My New Studio Gadget

Nitsa
02-15-2007, 12:54 PM
A gift from my Father, who had some concerns about me working with oils in my studio through the winter with no ventilation.
I've shared the information on the oil forum but thought I'd share it here too, as the machine seems to do more than just clear the room of turp odours.

GOODSPHERE (http://www.goodsphere.com/) :thumbsup:

idcrisis55
02-15-2007, 01:25 PM
It looks like a really good one Anita and what a sweet Dad! I like the fact that it uses water and appears easy to clean.

Nitsa
02-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Wasn't it sweet of him though! :)
It smells divine. I put the Sandalwood oil in it today, left it on and when I returned to the studio half an hour later it had filled the place. I'm sure I can feel a difference in the air too...almost like I am painting outside but much WARMER! LOL!
The LED plate is cool too.
Yes, just water...Fill it up, use it......Empty and wipe around...Peasey! :thumbsup:

dreamz
02-15-2007, 08:17 PM
That looks cool! I forwarded the link to my daughter, ty Nita

Nitsa
02-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Most welcome! :thumbsup:

Dueck
02-15-2007, 10:40 PM
This is so cool. I have no excuse, though. My paints aren't smelly or harmful (I think).

Nitsa
03-09-2007, 09:21 AM
LOL...Oh I'm sure you can come up with some excuse. ;)

LisaArt
03-09-2007, 12:05 PM
HI Anita..your papa is so sweet..Great idea!

squarepeg
03-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Solvent vapors are not removed by masking the smell with a fragrance, nor is the putative "anti-bacterial" power of "natural" oils any benefit in reducing the health hazards of solvent vapors and volatile organic compounds.
While this device may be adding some needed moisture to the air, please don't for one minute think that you're exposure to solvent vapors is reduced by using it. Please observe good studio hygeine and establish good ventilation when using solvents such as turpentine, odorless mineral spirits, etc.
Better yet, if you must use oil colors, find a way to minimize or eliminate the need for solvents altogether. Paint with just mediums and colors, use baby oil to get most of the paint out of your brushes, then use soap for the final cleaning. If you must use solvents, keep them covered as much as possible and get a real, fresh air exchange going. -squarepeg

Lady Carol
03-09-2007, 07:14 PM
I thought you were going to post a link to a ladder or something :evil: :lol:

Anyway that is v. nice of your Dad.