PDA

View Full Version : Newbies 1st try..WIP...fire away..!

elgordineo
02-14-2007, 06:44 PM
hello guys
iv been browsing your site for a few weeks now and am really impressed with all your work,really stunning some of it and its inspired me to actually go and buy some staedtler fineliner pens(0.1,0.3,0.5&0.7).Am 34 now and have never really put pen,pencil or anything for that matter to paper since i was at school aged about 16.
In the last week iv messed around with my pens to get a feel for it and have stared this drawing today.Spent about 2 hours on it and would be really greatfull for any advice.I feel iv got a basic grasp of sketching(as my grandfather was a artist)but its the shading and tones i need help with(especially on the face)and do i leave the background white or do i shade &
put something there:confused:
All advice is welcome
thanks

p.s didnt realize this stippling was such time consuming:lol: even though mine is a bit arratic,it could be cross hatch next time.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Feb-2007/97620-UMA_013.jpg

sorry about the picture,,,,like i say,its my 1st time.:rolleyes:

Merry Scribe
02-15-2007, 07:56 AM
hello guys
iv been browsing your site for a few weeks now and am really impressed with all your work,really stunning some of it and its inspired me to actually go and buy some staedtler fineliner pens(0.1,0.3,0.5&0.7).Am 34 now and have never really put pen,pencil or anything for that matter to paper since i was at school aged about 16.
In the last week iv messed around with my pens to get a feel for it and have stared this drawing today.Spent about 2 hours on it and would be really greatfull for any advice.I feel iv got a basic grasp of sketching(as my grandfather was a artist)but its the shading and tones i need help with(especially on the face)and do i leave the background white or do i shade &
put something there:confused:
All advice is welcome
thanks

p.s didnt realize this stippling was such time consuming:lol: even though mine is a bit arratic,it could be cross hatch next time.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Feb-2007/97620-UMA_013.jpg

sorry about the picture,,,,like i say,its my 1st time.:rolleyes:

You need to post this in the Pen & Ink forum this is the calligraphy forum and I don't know if anyone in this forum could help you but you work really should be posted in Pen & Ink Forum.

Blessed Be

Brian