PDA

View Full Version : New Site finally DONE!!

Pipyr
02-14-2007, 03:46 PM
I have finally finished my new website! It is actually 2 sites joined together by a splash page...one done in flash and a matching site done in html/css for those who can't (or really don't want to) view flash :) Please take a look and let me know what you think of my latest adventure in the web building world ;)

Thanks all!! :D

Moonlight Creations
02-14-2007, 07:16 PM
It's awesome! The only problem I had in flash was whenevern I either used the back arrow or back-clicked, it brought me back to the home page each time. Rather than going back, would it be possible to go back only 1 page? Under HTML, the picture in the gallery opened a new page and I needed to x out each time. I'll still admire your work no matter how many clicks it takes me!!! :heart: Sonje

Pipyr
02-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Hey Sonje! In flash, you just have to click the "x" in the corner. I'm going to add the text "back" or "close" under the "x" so people realize that :) In HTML, that gallery set-up was the best way I could think of for fast loading (for those on dial-up) and to streamline the page to prevent people from having to scroll. Either way with HTML, you would have to click the "back" button to go back to the gallery, so I figured the "x" button was just as quick and easy, if not more so ;) It also made it match the flash site as closely as possible. Do you have another suggestion for the gallery? I really don't want it to open in the "self (as in the big picture opening in the same window as the site) because it will slow down loading times because you'll have to re-load all the title bar graphics and everything. For a dial-up user who started in flash ans couldn't get it to work, I probably only have once more chance for everything to load quickly, so I don't want to blow it ;) Open to suggestions!!!! Much love sweetie and thanks for looking!! :heart: