PDA

View Full Version : 2 new paintings...1 fantasy, 1 landscape

Poess
02-14-2007, 03:34 PM
I did the fantasy one last night and the landscape this morning.
The fairy one is 18x 24 I think, and the snow one is 9 x 12.
I don't do landscapes at all..but I liked doing this one...it started off a rose I was going to try to use a reference photo..but I feel too trapped when I use a reference...I'd rather go from my mind..even though I know I need to get used to the idea of looking back and forth in order to do better paintings..
:)
Thanks for looking everyone!

JStoltz
02-14-2007, 03:49 PM
I really like your work; these and your previous posts as well. They have a very dreamy, storybook quality to them. Nice use of color and light. I can see why a reference image might seem a bit rigid for your style. Stick with what you enjoy because it shows in you work. Nice job.

Jeff

Poess
02-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Thank you Jeff!
I appreciate your taking time to comment. I love how you described it..."story book feel" because I think that describes it well...I think that'll be how I describe it to some people
;)
Glad to hear I shouldn't try to do things I don't feel....I thought maybe it would help me in the long run...which in my figures it could...but it IS limiting to me..so overall I shouldn't try it just yet......and I'm glad
~Hollie

dreamz
02-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Hiya Hollie! I do a lot of work from my head, letting the paint dictate what it wants to be (if I said that anywhere else Id be locked away:lol: ) I find it very relaxing and freeing, your landscape has good bones I hope you do somemore. Remember that distant objects are lighter in color and less defined than those in the foreground

Your fantasy scene is very nicely done, I like the sky and the way you did the tree although you might want to try adding more colors into the tree to give depth,shadow and texture

Mark Newton
02-14-2007, 10:43 PM
I really like the tree in the fantasy painting...lots of branches which adds good visual interest. You have a very good natural sense of balancing the frame...and know how to lead the eye. If you dont do landscapes this is an excellent start, works a treat IMO. You have the elements set up so the eye works just the way it should...I've only ever seen snow once in my life and that was many years ago...on this site I see heaps of snow...thanks for sharing..and its helping to cool me down,..gonna hit 100F here today again!

ms.jennamarie
03-09-2007, 09:45 PM
i love the light coming from the moon and colored stars!!!! sooo bright!

jan409
03-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Bright, colorfull, and great. I like your style. Keep up the good work. Jan