PDA

View Full Version : Dear John... Oooops! John Deere

Andun
02-13-2007, 11:34 PM
:lol: Spring must be coming! I can't get tractors out of my head.Maybe painting one will knock them out of there.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Feb-2007/84252-VFSH0184.JPG
Of course you know that I would love to hear your ideas as I go along with this one. Be hearin' from y'all.(Farmer talk):lol:

Dueck
02-14-2007, 12:56 AM
This is possibly the most unique subject I've ever seen.
Cool :thumbsup:

Andun
02-14-2007, 02:02 AM
Hey Dueck,
Good of you to drop by. Why do you think a tractor is unique? :) I imagine Alberta must have tons of them around! Here is an update.:wave:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Feb-2007/84252-VFSH0185.JPG

Tazart
02-14-2007, 02:07 AM
Oooo-arrr looking good :wave: !! Lovely background, don't know why but I thought the tractor was going to be red (don't actually think I have ever seen a real tractor .... I must have done at some point :confused: !!!)

Looking forward to the updates :) !!

Andun
02-14-2007, 03:08 AM
Hi Taz:wave:
Good to see you here! Hey,I've posted some pictures to the WC gallery of the area around my house like Cherry blossoms,shrines and Mt.Fuji if you wanna check 'em out.
Here is another update.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Feb-2007/84252-VFSH0186.JPG

dreamz
02-14-2007, 03:52 AM
looking good so far Tony, be careful using real dark for shadows

Andun
02-14-2007, 04:04 AM
Hey Doc.What time is it there.It's five o'clock pm in Japan right now.Don't you sleep!:eek: :lol: Good to see you. Yeah...I goota lighten up those shadows.Here is another update.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Feb-2007/84252-VFSH0187.JPG

chammi kaiser
02-14-2007, 05:04 AM
Anthony. John Deere, oh this reminds me of my life on a farm in Africa. Wonderful subject. Looking forward to the final.

Andun
02-14-2007, 05:30 AM
Thanks Chamni,
Is there anyone who doesn't like a tractor? I don't think so!!

Mark Newton
02-14-2007, 06:37 AM
Mate...that is an amazing painting...I am gob smacked! Big Time! Excellent, love the 3D shape and reality you have given it....just too good.

Andun
02-14-2007, 07:46 AM
Thanks Mark...wanna buy it?

Mark Newton
02-14-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks Mark...wanna buy it?

:lol: Mate....I have not a spare inch of wall space..I rarely ever buy paintings. You dont need me to buy it, this will sell in a flash......kaboomfa and gone.

Andun
02-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Well...how about a trade?

Mark Newton
02-14-2007, 08:09 AM

I don't have any chickens.

friesin
02-14-2007, 08:12 AM
the most amazing m otive I' ve ever seen :thumbsup:
but well done !!!!:clap:

Lady Carol
02-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Wow! Cool painting. I like how you have approached it.

Incidentally I think it is worth more than a couple of chickens. Mark should throw in a pig too.

Jon
02-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Looking good! Nothing runs like a Deere! :) Do they still have that slogan?

idcrisis55
02-14-2007, 11:35 AM
Anthony, outstanding work modeling the tractor. Love the shine of the metal and the 3-dimensional look of the tires. I had a tractor parked outside my back door for awhile. The brushhog for mowing the pasture, is still there but the tractor has been moved to the back of the yard. :)

cedarartworld
02-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Nice work. Love the use of the yellow and green. Yes, that was a nice job on the tires.

dreamz
02-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Tony, Im a night owl, since I don't have a "job" I'm free to stay up all night wasting paint and surfing the net:lol:

My oldest daughter is a JD fanatic, a few years ago we were coming home from a family reunion in NewJersey and taking our time exploring the back roads of Georgia when we passed a JohnDeere dealer, of course we stopped... you would have thought it was Disney World! The salesman were very nice showing us the entire place and even letting the girls drive one of the bigger machines ( it didn't hurt that the girls were 17 and 19yo redheads and not unattractive:evil: :lol: :evil: ) Lins kitchen was totally decorated with JD stuff, some which she bought that day (she even scored some freebies)

Jeff Rage
02-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Very nice! I love the rear tire. (Never thought I'd be saying something like that! :) )

Margaret 59
02-14-2007, 10:32 PM
People race these in UK.
And I do like your painting, Tony.

Mark Newton
02-14-2007, 10:37 PM

Seriously...what did you have in mind as a trade??

Tazart
02-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Looking really good, I saw a big yellow thing moving snow today with 'DEERE' on the side in big letters & everything suddenly made sense :D !!

Thanks for the heads up on your ref library photos, they are lovely :thumbsup:

couturej
02-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Cute title... great painting!

idylbrush
02-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Oooo-arrr looking good :wave: !! Lovely background, don't know why but I thought the tractor was going to be red (don't actually think I have ever seen a real tractor .... I must have done at some point :confused: !!!)

Looking forward to the updates :) !!

John Deere are always their signature green and yellow, I believe Case tractors and Harvester International are red. Cats are generally yellow Can't remember the color of the old Massey Fergesun other than rust cause my granddads tractor was over 45 years old at that point. Always loved riding on the tractor with granddad. It was really special. Always wanted a tractor seat rolling stool for the studio. Considering they were all metal they were so comfortable.

Leslie Pz
02-15-2007, 10:38 AM
The title is great! Really like the piece. Love the wheel and flat tire!!! See lots of these tractors around here!!!

Andun
02-15-2007, 10:45 PM
:wave :wave: :lol: Hi everyone! I just knew a good old tractor would be popular:lol:
Hey Mark:wave: Seriously mate, It isn't good enough to trade for one of yours but I am proud of the fact that you like it so much.Your work is soooooo much better.
Thanks Friesin for such a nice compliment.
Hey Carol:D Ya figure I could get me a pig and a goat?
You're right about the slogan Jon."Nothing runs like Deere" Catchy and easy to remember.:lol:
Hi Ann:wave: Finally got that 3D thing down:lol: now maybe I can get tractors out of my head for a while.
Thanks Cedarartwood:) So glad you liked the color choice.I seem to be in a two-tone mode lately.
Hi Doc This whole thing started with my cutlery that I got for christmas.They are all John Deere motif. How does it feels to have two daughters? Do you meet the boyfriends at the door with yer shot gun and interogate them?:lol: Man..it must be tough.
Hey Jeff I bet a lot of people never thought a tire could be interesting:lol: Thanks for saying so.
That must be a slow race Margaret.Our old Case topped out at 3kms per hour.
Hey Taz:wave: So glad you checked out my photos.You can use them for paintings.
Hey Janet I couldn't resist the title.It was too easy:lol:
I think Massey Ferguson used orange for their color schemes Howard but I wouldn't bet it on it. I thought about getting one of those seats too.They are very comfortable.
Hi Leslie:wave: Ahhh..another tire lover. I am so happy that so many of you wonderful folks liked this painting.It is good for the soul to hear it from you.Thank you:

dreamz
02-15-2007, 11:25 PM
LMAO John, 1st the boyfriends had to get past the 2 older brothers, THEN they get to meet dad, 6'4 and 250 with an 8" buck knife sheathed at the hip:evil: ...it was always interesting..:evil: the oldest has been married for almost 2yrs and is expecting a baby within a month, the youngest will be 21 the end of this month and I can tolerate the present b/f because she doesn't seem to be serious:lol:

Andun
02-15-2007, 11:35 PM
Ahhh nothing like a caring mountain of a father to keep the boys in line.:lol: We're about the same weight but I'm only 6 foot 2 myself.Got a buck too:thumbsup: now all I need is a daughter to protect.:lol:

Mark Newton
02-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Hey Mark:wave: Seriously mate, It isn't good enough to trade for one of yours but I am proud of the fact that you like it so much.Your work is soooooo much better.

I think you've been sittin on the tractor too long. I think a direct painting trade is not a bad idea.....your paintings are way better than mine...:)

Andun
02-17-2007, 05:41 AM
Ok Mark...which one do you have to trade for it?

Jon
02-17-2007, 11:13 AM
....color of the old Massey Fergesun .......The Massey-Ferguson is also red. I was raised in a farming community and spent many hours on a variety of tractors.
I enjoy seeing them as the subject matter in a painting! Good work, Anthony.

Andun
02-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Thanks Jon,
I thought it was orange.We had a bunch of different ones when I was growing up.Call me Tony,please.Yup...tractors sure are popular.I might just do another.

Mark Newton
02-18-2007, 02:42 AM
I'm sure we can work something out.....I'll have a think.

Andun
02-18-2007, 04:22 AM
No pressure Mark.If you don't want to it's ok.If you do though PM me.Either way mate I'm very pleased you liked it.
Tony